What army jobs involve working with animals?

QRK2

LE
They do. As a former Guardsman I know that.

They do not, nor are they qualified so to do (the clue in in their qualification's name). They might have done pre Crewman 2000 but that was a long time ago. They are not the HCR. Quite why having once been a guardsman gives expertise in the manning and qualifications of the RA this century I'll leave with you.

Last edited:
They do not, nor are they qualified so to do (the clue in in their qualification's name). They might have done pre Crewman 2000 but that was a long time ago.

They are not the HCR. Quite why having once been a guardsman gives expertise into the manning and qualifications of the RA this century I'll leave with you.
I am genuinely surprised, are you saying there are folks serving in the RA that can spend the whole of their career on ceremonial duties without ever having to go on active duty.

QRK2

LE
I am genuinely surprised, are you saying there are folks serving in the RA that can spend the whole of their career on ceremonial duties without ever having to go on active duty.

Yes. For example this picture comes from Flickr and was taken in 2015, just as AFG was winding down. A rack worthy of a war dodging WO in the TA, apart from the Regular LS&GC.

17300058355_5a991a3163_c.jpg

What he said, soldier first, trade or job second. Your basic training will include weapons handling, fireing rifles and if lucky, an assortment of other more lethal weapons. You will be shown how to use a bayonet at close quarters. You might be shown films in colour, and in close ups of battle field wounds and bodily damage. Do not forget a soldiers prime job is to protect her majesty's subjects, lands And possessions, from foreign aggression, and if that means killing another soldier, who's prime order, is to kill you, then that is what you do, and the British army has a reputation for doing it very efficiently. Its had many century's of practice.

Your job or trade is what will take up 99.9% of your time, but, there might come the day when you will be up the sharp end. That's what you are paid for, its your prime directive. :salut: Have a nice day.
Thanks for the advice, I did wish to be currently honest in my current opinion and there's been a lot discussed on this post that has given me something to think about and whether the army is a good fit for myself as well as vice versa and if I'm a good fit for the army.