Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your biggest regrets in life?

That one definitely.

Dabbled in Shodokan Aikido a few years ago and started doing Krav Maga in the last few months. Thoroughly enjoying it but very aware of very much being in the foothills.

51 last month... it hurts.

Stick with it - I got my black belt in Aikido last year a few weeks before my 63rd birthday.

There are youngsters in the club who can run rings round me physically, but they don't have as much experience, low cunning or a killer attitude... ;-)

I have often said to my boy "Never put your dick in crazy" without a hint of humour.

The trick is to have an escape plan, the crazy birds are always worth a shag

Hes the former poster and internet liar @MisterFormaldyhyde who was a bellend too.
I figured that from his masturbatory material that was images of drones.

He's probably busy at the moment helping out on the International Space Station.

I love the mentals.

Yes! Categorically. I don't even know where Upholland is, although I have heard of it. Alstublieft!

Do they shit in handbags there? :)
Nah,that's Downholland (about 10 miles away) they also piss out of the charra riding into Maghull just for giggles.
seem to recall permanently being in King of Clubs, (IIRC) Turnkey and Henry Arika's,
Henry Africa's was the low ceilinged fire hazard you're thinking of that spawned from Casinellis... handily placed next to the M6 for quick getaways when required.
1609678939403.png

This you then @Fat_Cav?

Now, funnily enough, it's morphed into a Britannia Hotel, tis full of those dark skinned chappies that rowed all the way across the Channel to Wigan Pier....

The irony is not lost on those of a certain age!

Regrets?
Well certainly regret not trying harder to with Kimberly from Orrell Mount....

(The clue was in the name, if only I'd known)

Nah,that's Downholland (about 10 miles away) they also piss out of the charra riding into Maghull just for giggles.

Henry Africa's was the low ceilinged fire hazard you're thinking of that spawned from Casinellis... handily placed next to the M6 for quick getaways when required.
View attachment 535568
This you then @Fat_Cav?

Now, funnily enough, it's morphed into a Britannia Hotel, tis full of those dark skinned chappies that rowed all the way across the Channel to Wigan Pier....

The irony is not lost on those of a certain age!

Regrets?
Well certainly regret not trying harder to with Kimberly from Orrell Mount....

(The clue was in the name, if only I'd known)
I've got a photo of Fat Cav in a similar environment wearing a red kimono, a WRAC beret and a plastic penis on his nose.
So, not too dissimilar to the mincer on stage.

1609678939403.png

Teg61

Old-Salt
I suppose marrying my first wife (or staying married to her for so long) is one regret......but then I ended up meeting and marrying my current wife and, whilst it's such a cliche, she is the best thing that ever happened to me.
This is exactly the same as me! I spent 18 years with the leech, before finally ditching her. Then met the current Mrs and have now spent longer with her than I did with the leech.
The bit is all my mates tried to tell me, I should have listened!

View attachment 535568
That crowd look like they're ready to lynch that guy on the stage

clothears

War Hero
Regrets? At nearly 62, I think I'm in a good place.

First husband still regards me as a friend. We were together nearly ten years and those were the growing up as adult years. Back then we'd never heard of PTSD and that played a big part of what went wrong.

My second marriage gave me the children I wanted (he wanted them as well). It hasn't been a bed of roses but he always came home, never smelt of other women, and let me handle the finances. Mortgage paid off early, no debts. Kids never arrested.

I'm reasonably proficient at my job, the main regret is my pension is prorated to years of service and so I won't get a full pension, just have to outlive he who thinks he's in charge.

Stick with it - I got my black belt in Aikido last year a few weeks before my 63rd birthday.

There are youngsters in the club who can run rings round me physically, but they don't have as much experience, low cunning or a killer attitude... ;-)
As with fencing. Youth and strength are seldom a match for age and treachery. I seem to remember turning up to my current club for the first time to fence a small, white-haired old lady. Some time later, she presented me with my arse.

Some years after that she gave me the gong for winning the club sabre. I would have felt better about it if she had been able to compete, alas leukaemia had her in its grasp. RIP Dawn.

View attachment 535568
This you then @Fat_Cav?

No me mate, my Leg warmers were always red

I've got a photo of Fat Cav in a similar environment wearing a red kimono, a WRAC beret and a plastic penis on his nose.
So, not too dissimilar to the mincer on stage.

Ha, the Black Pig bar

As with fencing. Youth and strength are seldom a match for age and treachery. I seem to remember turning up to my current club for the first time to fence a small, white-haired old lady. Some time later, she presented me with my arse.

Some years after that she gave me the gong for winning the club sabre. I would have felt better about it if she had been able to compete, alas leukaemia had her in its grasp. RIP Dawn.
Stepdaughter#3 just been picked to fight for England.
She's not built like the athletic boys she regularly competes against (and beats)

The secret to her success...
"I just imagine it's G**** (stepdaughter#2) facing me."

Sports physcology...my Arrse.

jbgaviation

Clanker
Not going down the 4 year BTEC ND/HND/BSc route to gain a BEng in Forestry Engineering & Management.
Offered a grant for last 2 years & it was at Newton Rigg then the leading Forestry College.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Not going down the 4 year BTEC ND/HND/BSc route to gain a BEng in Forestry Engineering & Management.
Offered a grant for last 2 years & it was at Newton Rigg then the leading Forestry College.
Just couldn't see the wood for the trees then ? ;)

Not belting the arse off of the beautiful, petite, 16-year old blonde with amazing tits that had the raging hots for me when I was 19, cos I was too taken up with chasing another girl who wasn't the slightest bit interested;

Letting my parents talk me out of joining up (I think my dad was a bit prejudiced by his experience of National Service). Still, I spent a couple of years at sea in my 20s, so I at least meet a bit of Samuel Johnson's criteria;

Not getting my fiancee to hospital in time. I could've got her there 2 hours earlier, if I hadn't had my head up my arse. By the time I did get her there, it was too late. She went into a coma as they were admitting her and died 2 days later. Pneumococcal meningitis.

Latest Threads