What are you bleating about

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by elovabloke, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Have just recieved this from No10. I never realised that things have improved so much since I left, you luck buggers

A responce from No10

2. 15 March 2007

We received a petition asking:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to upgrade and update Armed Forces Housing to adequate standards for righting heroes."

FFS Them righting heroes got new houses and stuff. All we need now is better housing for our wronging heroes and our lefting heroes and that will be all the heroes happy!

3. This is why I have stopped bothering with this pish government site.

4. A response that seemed to answer every question the petition didn't ask.

5. ”more than £700m will be spent on accommodation, of which more than £500m relates to the maintenance and improvement of accommodation….

…in the current financial year we are on course to upgrade a further 1,200 houses”

Err…..so £500’000’000 to upgrade 1’200 houses is £416’666 per house?

Why not, this is from the same government that says we have more police now than for the last 30 years. You won’t see them and you won’t know what they’re doing, (it certainly isn’t responding to 999 calls), but we do. The same government who says they’ve spent ‘X’ zillion on the Health Service (including about a £100K salary for your local GP), but you can’t get a dentist, you have a one in ten chance of getting a GP to home visit and virtually not at all in the evening or on weekends (not a lot of point actually when someone has a stoke and the feckless £100K medical ‘expert’ thinks they have an infection), hospitals are closing in the face of growing population (totally contrary to basic exponential development), hospital systems that work on pieces of paper as in Victorian times meaning if the patient doesn’t carry all records with them, no one knows what treatment they’re on or what medication they are taking and who was the last Consultant to treat them. A government that asks for Olympic games support based on 2 Billion, then says now you’ve approve it it’s actually 9 Billion, and a government that is spending £30’000’000 on plain clothes smoking police to nick people at £50 a time – that means at least 600’000 nicks have to be issued (and collected) just to recover this basic cost – for having a fag in a legal liquid drug dispensary.

No.9

6. Have to agree with you.

The truly worthwhile petitions seem to be overshadowed by the lunatic fringe.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

But it does crash their servers every now and then.

8. It's not exactly striking a blow for democracy but you've got to chuckle.

Whatever happens, Righteous Indignation dot com doesn't really achieve much.

9. So thats the Governments way of dealing with people who try the democratic route, where does that leave those who want to make a difference? Not a call for action more a plea for an answer.

10. I'm sorry but I have no faith in token gestures and that's what this E-Petition site is all about.

One or two might make a difference but the rest will just fall by the wayside.

But if it makes you feel better, why not?

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I too prefer the old fashion way of rebellion but nobody seems to be arrsed anymore. :relax: