What are these thingies called?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by chrisg46, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. chrisg46

    chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

  2. According to a Google image search;

  3. Socket, 10pin, non standard connector according to google.
  4. They are properly known as Cannon Plugs.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Harness socket and plug.

    aka Nato ditto.

    And there's an older term but can't remember it. (from the days of Pye, Mullard etc.)
  6. 5 minutes of my life forever gone.
  7. A robots naughty bits! (male and female)
  8. You're lucky - seen the time on my earlier post?

    Anyway - EUREKA! - Bendix connectors



    (other numbers of pins are available)

    Also currently more commonly known in the retail trade as MIL SPEC connectors.
  9. Bits, OG, male/female for the use of.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hermaphrodites. The male end has female bits and the female end has male bits.