What are the rules for Ammo Storemen?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Redcap, Jun 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does every unit need an Ammo Storeman or is it dependant on Size of Unit/Amo account etc?

2. Ammo Storemen have rules????????????

3. Redcap,

Being a civilian, and an EOD bod at that, I'm a bit rusty on Unit Ammo Storage matters but, straight of the top of my head, I think the rule is:

"Personnel responsible for, or employed in the day to day running of the unit ammunition store must have completed and passed the Unit Ammunition Storeman Course at the Army School of Ammunition at Kineton, Warwicks"

Which may or may not be in Ammunition and Explosive Regulations Vol 2, Part 4, Section 2, para 10 (or thereabouts - I don't know, I don't have a copy). To me, the above says that, if you have ammo, you need an Ammo Storeman.

I'm sure (or I'd at least hope, given that there's a thread on this forum that asks 'Can we show the AT trade in a better light?', or somesuch) that, if I'm wrong, a real AT will give you the DS solution.

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Blimey Tilbake, you have been out of the loop for a while. Vol 2 now resides in the historical library.

I've PM'd Redcap with some info.

5. GM,

Like I said, I'm not that big on ammo storage, but the aim of the exercise was to elicit a response from a real AT.

Thanks for replying to Redcap.

Cheers

6. Probably the best rule is

"Never wack the end of fuzed shell with a lump hammer"

Seems prety good advice to me :p

7. Wedge this, Wedge that, I will have you know Wedges are good for some things...6 of them and you win trivial pursuits :0)