What are the chances

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Cardinal, Nov 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was chatting with an old mate, from the Marine Cadets, yesterday and we ended up talking about a massed Cadet camp in the late 70's.

There were Marine, Sea, ATC, CCF and ACF cadets from all over the country several hundred of us with other Cadets from Canada and Australia. Some at Rollestone camp others at Westdown and another place.

It ran just over two weeks, with loads of military support (Wessex Helecopters), the first ten days being all sorts of training and visits and then a five day exercise on Salisbury Plain. After that the recruiters hit us and got a huge response.

It was a brilliant experience and the Marine Cadets formed a special relationship/rivalry with Parachute Regt badged Army Cadets. Met some girls too! (I was only 14 at the time)

Love my son to take part in something like this. Do they still happen? what are the chances of them happening agin some day?

2. They don't, as far as I'm aware, happen anymore - and it seems unlikely they will - unless we all turn purple!