What are the chances like these days?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by CJohnson, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard a lot of rumours that most candidates don't even get through selection these days because of how picky the recruitment office are being.

Is this true?

I have my pre-selection and selection in just a few weeks and I'm absolutely terrified.

It's something I've been working towards for months now, but there are so many disheartening rumours flying about that I'm starting to worry.
  2. If you come up to the mark, they'll take you. If you don't they won't. Really, really simple.
  3. So you thought, "I didn't get an answer so I shall ask the same people the same question and be surprised when I get some very mild abuse for it"

you remarkably non luminescing organ of female genitalia
  4. So you started another thread, instead of asking the question again on the already opened thread?

You know what's required of you with regards to your phys, if you can pass that, and you're not a complete retard (which is a fair chance you are) you'll be fine.

Give it 100% and they can ask no more of you.
  5. Right, well I'm totally new here and I don't often use forums, So my appologies for wasting your time, and thankyou for the input anyway.
  6. Apparently "common sense" isn't all that "common"
  7. And apparently neither is common courtesy
  8. Quit now while you are behind

PS you also used the words 'dull' and '****' in one of your very few posts, while common it isn't very courteous is it now?
  9. I responded to him the same way that he responded to my post....
    I appologised in the first place, yet the abuse continued. So whatever, have a nice day lads.
  10. "whatever" the most creative word in the English dictionary.

I supposed I can see why you may be disheartened by the rumours of dropping success rates, afterall you appear a bit of a dopy sod.

The simple fact is that there's a line and you are either above it or below it. The criteria is set out in black & white, if you put the effort in then passing ADSC shouldn't really be a challenge, getting an A grade might be though.
  11. Get through your Board. First. Good Luck.

And it's criteron is set out, criteria are set out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.