What are the Aptitude tests at Main Board?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by varus, Nov 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard conflicting answers on this from different people so if anyone knows can they list the aptitude tests please?
    Are the tests that candidates sat at AOSB Briefing re-sat or do the results carry forward?
    Apparently there is a personality one now which should be interesting.

2. MAP (mental aptitude profiling) tests
    Memory/retention test
    Personality test

You spend the most part of day 1 doing all these tests, they are more challenging than at the briefing, get studying!

3. TMo

TMo Swinger

I'm sure the Briefing results do carry forward in that they contribute to your scoring, but undoubtedly the Main Board tests carry far more weight. Like Maoam says, they are considerably more challenging and you will be well and truly fed up of staring at a screen by the end of the day.

4. Can't wait for these! My abstract reasoning was terrible @ briefing. Anyone got any useful sources or books they recommend using/buying to help ?

5. They're really not that bad, there are some pretty dense officers out there who passed these things so I wouldn't be too worried. Getting your phys up is a better idea! They're almost identical to the same bullshit ones that prospective medical students have to do: the UKCAT. Get the book "How to pass the UKCAT" and there are hundreds of the bloody things in there.

6. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated !!