What are my chances............really?

Evening all,
I applied to re-join the Army in may this year, the local careers office seemed quite optimistic about me getting back in at the time. they have sent off the forms to glasgow so I am just waiting to hear back. Since I applied, the government announced its plans for all of the redundancies! Could this still possibly happen? I am 30 years old, so not a lot of time left to get things sorted. Anyone been through similar thing? I want to join the Engineers but I am open to any other corps, but I want to learn a trade.
Thanks in advance

Evening all,
I applied to re-join the Army in may this year, the local careers office seemed quite optimistic about me getting back in at the time. they have sent off the forms to glasgow so I am just waiting to hear back. Since I applied, the government announced its plans for all of the redundancies! Could this still possibly happen? I am 30 years old, so not a lot of time left to get things sorted. Anyone been through similar thing? I want to join the Engineers but I am open to any other corps, but I want to learn a trade.
Thanks in advance

Zero...Did you not make this decision first time round ?

No, I was only 16 at the time. I was just hanging around the town center being annoying when a recruiting officer came and had a chat with me, convinced me to join the infantry. Me being me, just went along with it, but then stuck with it and dug my heels in when my old man said that he didn't want me to join.

This was my initial thought, but so many serving soldiers have such a downer on the idea, I am not so sure anymore
Its what arrse is here for. To crap all over you :p

Just run with it and you will either make it or you wont and that will be that