What are my chances............really?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bullybite, Oct 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,
    I applied to re-join the Army in may this year, the local careers office seemed quite optimistic about me getting back in at the time. they have sent off the forms to glasgow so I am just waiting to hear back. Since I applied, the government announced its plans for all of the redundancies! Could this still possibly happen? I am 30 years old, so not a lot of time left to get things sorted. Anyone been through similar thing? I want to join the Engineers but I am open to any other corps, but I want to learn a trade.
    Thanks in advance

2. Zero...Did you not make this decision first time round ?

3. No, I was only 16 at the time. I was just hanging around the town center being annoying when a recruiting officer came and had a chat with me, convinced me to join the infantry. Me being me, just went along with it, but then stuck with it and dug my heels in when my old man said that he didn't want me to join.

4. Seriously, why do you want to join up at 30? Last resort?

5. There are never many optimists on this site are there!

6. Realists, old chap.

7. Something I hae been considering for a long time, then BAM your'e 30

8. I think the boat might have long departed.

9. There would be younger Sergeants than you.

10. Why did you leave in the first place ?

11. This is true, it doesn't bother me. But I fail to believe it is impossible.

12. Run with the application and see what happens

13. Because I was an ignorant kid who knew better than anyone else! I didn't leave on bad terms, just decided it wasn't for me before even giving it a chance.

14. I intend to mate, but does the buck stop with the careers office? Or can I chase this further myself?

15. I'd have expected the recruiter would have told you at the start if it was a pointless effort.