What are Issues affecting TA and Reserve families

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Spoogle09, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Working all week and then away at the weekend.

2. The lack of understanding of family life from the hierarchy (Warfare not Welfare)

3. Deployment

4. The lack of a support network for the families similar to the Regs

5. Not understanding the Army life

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wanted to get an insight into the issues which affect TA and Reserve families both here and when on ops. :?:
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Thanks, I have already looked through the AFF website and the Families concerns report does not have specific TA/Reserve family points of view.
  4. msr

msr LE

So this is a figment of my imagination then: http://www.aff.org.uk/ta_and_reserve_force.htm

5. A figment of your imagination? no. But the information on that web page is more regarding support and advice. The main issue the AFF focuses on is deployment and all the problems that comes with deployment. I am trying to see if deployment is the main issue for TA/Reserve families or is it something else?

Thanks for you help and comments
  6. Spoogle I'm sure you won't mind us asking why you want to know all this?
  7. msr

msr LE

Why are you conducting this research?
  8. Not at all.

I have been ask to complete a presentation on this subject for an Interview I am attending. Although I am a memeber of the TA and my spouse is in the Regs I wanted to have another point of view. Hence the poll and questions.
  9. msr

msr LE

Why not go and ask in your unit bar?
  10. I have done. Within my unit we have only had 2 people deployed. So the argument was somewhat one sided. I wanted to get a wider point of view.
  11. msr, I'm sure you're trying to help in your own way, but it's rather jaded of you to assume that anyone who asks an open question about the TA on ARRSE is an idiot who must prove due diligence. :D
  12. msr

msr LE

It is an unusual question and I have already had to chop load of dross from the thread.
  13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I thought Journo or mole the second I saw the post count and the detail involved.
  14. But reasonable for a MOD to try and work out whether this is some journo or not who should get permission from the COs before using this site instead of actually doing some research. Especially given that serving members are still banned from posting anything relevant on any internet site without permission from Ainsworthless or one of his Media Relations minions.

As it is, I think "ask in the unit bar" was a fairly sensible response, especially as the Q was "both here and on ops" ...
  15. Then she posed the question poorly at the start. I just have an itch to scratch at the whiff of condescention and brow beating that pervades just about every TA thread on this site. It's terribly fortunate the lot falls to MSR to moderate it.