What? Another Book - Kisses From A Soldier Due 2014

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Steel_Rain1967, Apr 29, 2013.

Would you buy this Book

Poll closed May 29, 2013.
  1. Want it!

2. Interested

0 vote(s)
  3. Not bothered

4. Load of Crap

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Probably won't appeal to many on this forum, but you never know. This book is due to be out in 2014 and for once is not about Iraq, Afghanistan or being in the SF. It's an ex-soldiers true story of his search for love - basically all the "Glorious highs and deathly lows" as he put it.

I have proof read the first 5 Chapters and it's actually not too bad for a first timer.

If you after war and shit, then this aint for you, but if you are interested to know what a Para has been up to in his personal life, then you may find this entertaining and pretty tragic.

I have attached the front cover for abuse!

Attached Files:

• KFAS.jpg
      File size:
      46.7 KB
  2. Is there pictures of nude wenches in it?
  3. Steel_Rain1967,

You might want to ask a Mod to move this thread to The Book Club

It might also be an idea to tell us your connection to the Book.

You might get a better response from MumsNet.

4. Oddly, I suspect the OP's first name is 'Alex'.
  5. Tis funny, but I have a similar suspicion.
  6. I thought it was a jarrods fantasy thread!
  7. Hi all,

I'm an idiot. Only joined ARSSE today. Indeed, should be in The Book Club.

Cabana - No nude wenches I am afraid. You'll have to use your imagination. Don't thhey would allow it to be published in any case.

Shiny_Arrse - I am a close friend of the author and now professional proof reader. This forum seems like an ideal place to canvas possible interest.

Let be honest, I have searched quite a few bookshops and there isn't anything currently out there like this. I think it has potential. But I have a feeling, chicks may prefer reading about this. The good thing about this is that it is all true - nothing is held back.
  8. Someone may need a proof reader.

9. FourZeroCharlie & Cabana - My name is Paul and I am more than happy for you to contact me personally at my private e-mail address if you so wish.

Other than that, there isn't much more I can say. Just doing a mate a favour and using my credentials as a proof reader to sell the idea.
  10. Oops, looks like I need to eat my own words!
  11. This is going well.
  12. Hi Paul.
  13. Hmmnnnnn, Kisses from a Soldier'. My own attempts at finding 'luurrrrvvvve' went pretty much like this;

1630 finish work,
    1700 Scran,
    1730 bathe,
    1800 dress in my finest pulling gear having liberally doused myself with Blue Stratos or Old Spice.
    1830 - 1930 Hit The TOWN!!!!
    1930- 2230 Having identified target(s) attempt to chat up same Score / Get knocked back. If the latter identify new target.... Selection of said target involved a sliding scale the top of which was 'God, she's Gorgeous' - and the bottom being 'looking like that she must be gagging for it'.

Repeat ad nauseum (literally!)

With regards to the majority of soldiers I have served with you could class the above as a 'spoiler alert'
    • Like Like x 3
  14. The_Snail. Hi!

ACAB - Yep, I also remember those type of evenings. Though now at 1830, I hit the TV and then at 2200 hrs - Bed. What happens when you get married!
  15. For those interested, one of the other books that I proof read and was subsequently published is called "The Fortress City" by KG Childs. His wife created the front cover. He was from the RLC. Not even sure if he is still serving.