• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What? Another Book - Kisses From A Soldier Due 2014

Would you buy this Book

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all,

Probably won't appeal to many on this forum, but you never know. This book is due to be out in 2014 and for once is not about Iraq, Afghanistan or being in the SF. It's an ex-soldiers true story of his search for love - basically all the "Glorious highs and deathly lows" as he put it.

I have proof read the first 5 Chapters and it's actually not too bad for a first timer.

If you after war and shit, then this aint for you, but if you are interested to know what a Para has been up to in his personal life, then you may find this entertaining and pretty tragic.

I have attached the front cover for abuse!

Attachments

Hi all,

I'm an idiot. Only joined ARSSE today. Indeed, should be in The Book Club.

Cabana - No nude wenches I am afraid. You'll have to use your imagination. Don't thhey would allow it to be published in any case.

Shiny_Arrse - I am a close friend of the author and now professional proof reader. This forum seems like an ideal place to canvas possible interest.

Let be honest, I have searched quite a few bookshops and there isn't anything currently out there like this. I think it has potential. But I have a feeling, chicks may prefer reading about this. The good thing about this is that it is all true - nothing is held back.

Hi all,

Cabana - No nude wenches I am afraid. You'll have to use your imagination. Don't thhey would allow it to be published in any case.

Shiny_Arrse - I am a close friend of the author and now professional proof reader. This forum seems like an ideal place to canvas possible interest.

Let be honest, I have searched quite a few bookshops and there isn't anything currently out there like this. I think it has potential. But I have a feeling, chicks may prefer reading about this. The good thing about this is that it is all true - nothing is held back.
Someone may need a proof reader.

chicks may prefer reading about this
Heheheheeeee.

FourZeroCharlie & Cabana - My name is Paul and I am more than happy for you to contact me personally at my private e-mail address if you so wish.

Other than that, there isn't much more I can say. Just doing a mate a favour and using my credentials as a proof reader to sell the idea.

Hmmnnnnn, Kisses from a Soldier'. My own attempts at finding 'luurrrrvvvve' went pretty much like this;

1630 finish work,
1700 Scran,
1730 bathe,
1800 dress in my finest pulling gear having liberally doused myself with Blue Stratos or Old Spice.
1830 - 1930 Hit The TOWN!!!!
1930- 2230 Having identified target(s) attempt to chat up same Score / Get knocked back. If the latter identify new target.... Selection of said target involved a sliding scale the top of which was 'God, she's Gorgeous' - and the bottom being 'looking like that she must be gagging for it'.

Repeat ad nauseum (literally!)

With regards to the majority of soldiers I have served with you could class the above as a 'spoiler alert'

For those interested, one of the other books that I proof read and was subsequently published is called "The Fortress City" by KG Childs. His wife created the front cover. He was from the RLC. Not even sure if he is still serving.

Hi everyone - I am the author of this book and Paul is who is says he is.

B_AND_T - Not sure whether you meant to say "Gay" or "Gray". Either way, no nothing like this book - That has incidentally sold millions and will no doubt be a mini series!! Bastard.

They say everyone has a book in them and the reason I started this was becasue mates used to keep saying over the years - "You ought to write a book about all this" and I always thought that no one would want to read about all my crap, no matter how twisted or depraved.

However, I sent my front cover and first few chapters to Paul and he thought it was pretty good.

Anyway, I guess you are all thinking - "Who's gives a ****" and you're right, no one does really.

Hi all,

The book looks interesting. Don't pay attention to the fuckwits here. There are a handful of mentally ill people who try derailing threads so you wont get much joy. Just be prepared for the abuse.

Latest Threads