What AK...?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yeoman_dai, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/29/syria-blocks-internet

OK I've had to just copy the whole damn article because I can't work out how to copy a picture on a nexus....

Anyway the question IS, the AK like weapon held by the fighter in the background - what's that barrel attachment? It doesn't have the usual drop from the gas part to the foresight. Can someone shed light? Its the one in the main article picture

2. Is it a sling wrapped around the foresight & pulled tight along the side of the wpn?

3. He's got the sling wrapped around the foresight and pulled taut along the left hand side of the weapon.

Damn, stoatman had already replied, sorry 'bout that.

4. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

It's the sling, mate. He's got it wrapped around the foresight and then it looks like he's pulled it tight along the side of the weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Echoey in here today!

6. Yeah, having slings wrapped around the foresight does that to the acoustics.

7. Cold_Collation

8. "HE SAID YES DEAR, HE KNOWS YOU'RE 83 AND YOU REMEMBER WHEN NIGGER BROWN WAS A COLOUR."

Can someone get a battery for Enids hearing aid please? :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. AA?

[​IMG]

10. Thanks chaps I can see that now. Gotta love the ARRSE knowledge base. It does seem obvious viewing it on as bigger screen

11. Cold_Collation

Have you tried looking at it on a bigger screen?

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you look at it on a bigger screen you'll see its the sling wrapped around the foresight and pulled tight along the side of the weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you look at it on an IMAX screen you can see Lucy Lawless with her tits out.

• Like Like x 3
  14. You talk shite, SS, Lucy Lawless has never had her tits out.

15. I thought that the N Brown to whom you refer was Wg Cdr GP Gibson VC, DSO, DFC's batman (until he was run over by a car)?