What advice would you give your 15 year old self?

Suffer education process for a few more years and go to uni.... join army at same age you did but have a degree in your back pocket.
Don't smoke
Buy house like you were advised to and not destroy liver with your money.

Suffer education process for a few more years and go to uni.... join army at same age you did but have a degree in your back pocket.
Don't smoke
Buy house like you were advised to and not destroy liver with your money.
I had three opportunities to buy places in my 20s...all chinned off for fast living and beer money. Would be sitting prettier now

1. Ignore the blondes, brunettes are much nicer.
2. Learn to say "F*** You" more often.
3. Stop trying to please everyone.
4. Use suncream. No I was not keen on sunbathing, but offer to help girls apply a layer of cream.

I know this is an old thread but its so relevant to me.

I just need to say that Australia is so different to the UK, my 15 year old only had his first drink with me on Friday when we went night fishing. I resisted in offering him a marlboro lights but he told me many times that I was disgusting for smoking.

Roll me back to 15 I could already drink a bottle of Thunderbirds and carry on, I could drink 2 and pass out puking my guts up. I had been smoking Tarragon and that dried banana to get a hit just before one of the prefects started selling resin. I had had sex which today would be rape due to me ******* a passed out chick.

The only advise I give to my boy, find a dirty bird with nice tits, preferable an asian/jap or slightly chubby needy bird and get your rocks off but dont tell your mum i said that.

I know this is an old thread but its so relevant to me.

I just need to say that Australia is so different to the UK, my 15 year old only had his first drink with me on Friday when we went night fishing. I resisted in offering him a marlboro lights but he told me many times that I was disgusting for smoking.

Roll me back to 15 I could already drink a bottle of Thunderbirds and carry on, I could drink 2 and pass out puking my guts up. I had been smoking Tarragon and that dried banana to get a hit just before one of the prefects started selling resin. I had had sex which today would be rape due to me ******* a passed out chick.

The only advise I give to my boy, find a dirty bird with nice tits, preferable an asian/jap or slightly chubby needy bird and get your rocks off but dont tell your mum i said that.
Rolf, you old tinker, I just knew that you would eventually admit it.

Last edited:
Not that I would have listened but it would be:
  • Don't smoke
  • Drink mostly in moderation. Get more out of alcohol than it does out of you
  • Eat healthily
  • Get on the property ladder ASAP
  • Have lots of holidays
  • Try to make your hobby your career
  • Try to treat women with respect and find a good'un
  • Don't fret over trivia
  • Do unto others etc etc
  • Buy cheap buy twice. Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.
  • Keep whatever you wear on your last day at school and make sure it fits you every year for the rest of your life
  • If you want to be interesting be interested
And special advice to my 15 year old self would be "don't be a **** all your life".

Learn how to dance well.
Master a musical instrument.
You probably will live to 60, 70, 80. Plan for it financially and look after your body.
A huge proportion of marriages end in divorce. Plan for that eventuality happening to you.
Real life is better than computer games so don't waste time.

Don't follow politics. They're all there just for their personal interests and seats and won't keep even 10% of their promises. Politicians don't believe what they say

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
When the young married woman next door, husband on the oil rigs, away three weeks at a time, asks your help fitting her bedroom curtains, then offers you a drink, its a sign.

Don't give your name. Always smile and say thank you. Run like **** when shit's looming.

I'd tell myself, when that customer's randy daughter asks for a good seeing to, get in there son, fill yer boots and don't give a toss about her mate whinging as she wanted to go home early from the party. I worked for the milkman that delivered to her mum. ;)

I'd tell my 24 yr old self that the reason that the early fifties fit secretary, you were getting on famously with at a post works do, put her hand on the top of your thigh after all had gone home was a definite signal & you should have twigged it you stupid daft prick. She would have given me the time of my life & made my eyeballs spin.