What actually does the ADSC entail

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Renostu77, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This is my first post so please go easy on me, i have tried looking through other posts to see if i could find this answer but some are a bit conflicting.
    Just really want some info on what the ADSC entails, some say it has pull ups and sit ups and press ups and other just say its pull ups.
    I know there's the 1.5 mile run and the few other tests like the lift and jerry can thing, but really want to concentrate my training on the things i am actually going to be doing rather than worrying about things that i wont do until after i pass the ADSC.
    I hope that all makes sense.
    many thanks
  2. hey ye u only do pull ups int the strength tests no sit ups or pull ups exept maybe a few in your medical just to see if your joints and stuff are ok. and u do back extention which you strapt up on shoulders, pad on stomach/ hips and u gotta push back shoulders and push forward with hips, as hard as you can. nothing actually moves though its an electronic read out. and then theres the static lift which you are in the squatting position and pull bar upwards again its an electronic read out it doesn't move but best effort.then theres the dynamic lift which is a weight machine starts from 30 kg increases by 5 kg each time max 55 kg have 2 pull it up 2 your chest. then the jerrican carry 1 in each hand weighing 20 kg each. carried for maximum of 150 metres walking alongside a pti at 7.5 metres per 5 second pace. and also 1.5 mile run best effort. hope this helps.
  3. Looks easy.. just hope i don't screw up the medical or icebreaker. :p
  4. lol me too i got all of that from the joining instructions i was given i got mine on the 14th :p
  5. If you follow the linky below you'll find all the info your looking for

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Use the stickies!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.