Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What about moving too ummm.....South Africa?

Consider moving to Zim. It's quite safe (much, much safer than SA) despite what you'd think reading the British press. You can get a nice 3-4 bed house with bore hole for $200K and top schools working to the UK syllabus for $4K/year as opposed to £30K in the UK.

A few years back a South African friend remarked that she still didn't like the car windows rolled down in hot weather, hurrah for air con. She did like driving without a handgun within reach.

Had no intention of going back.

Not like France, we did not invite them in, we inherited them, actually, what you might see on the news is the suckers who fell for the slogan "Liberation before Education", uneducated unemployable self entitled rabble. the leader of the D.A. is an urbane culltivated individual, unfortunately he sees no good in the colonialist era, forgetting that his morning sadza is made from mealies which were introduced by the colonials, from America.( The corn, not the colonials), The existing infrastructure would never have been built by the likes of Moshesh or Dingaan and they would still be having their cattle raids and minor feuds.

If you, like many of us, have a good genetic mix, and possibly a tan thrown in, it may have played a part in your considering SA. There is however a problem with that.

The country had a head start on most of the rest of the continent in its ‘white tribe’ who with around three centuries had a chance to create a first world country in a third world continent.

The infrastructure of education, medicine, industry, law and everything else that goes with a more advanced society was created staffed and advanced under their governance. In conforming with worldwide pressure to permit majority rule, power was handed over.

This resulted in a general decline in almost every single African country that followed the removal of colonial rule. SA however had had the longest period, and the most of the ‘minority’ who had done the most in the creation of the country. It has therefor deteriorated more slowly and has consequently become a magnet for African migration to this more prosperous area of Africa.

Migration in too large numbers of anyone, anywhere, tends to create a backlash of the resident population, and this is the case in South Africa. They view anyone of any colour who is looking for a job in SA as a threat and behave accordingly.

If you are retiring there and bring in a pot load of money with you...and prepared to take the risks described in the thread help yourself, go with the intention of getting a job and you may find it very much harder.

Still not a good idea.

Over Christmas my girlfriends father showed me a video one of his friends sent him, of a goat being slaughtered on a beach in SA. The goat represented the white settlers. He has friends who have their bags packed and are ready to flee at a moments notices.

Also less verifiable - the other day I was playing an online game with a friend (PUBG) and we got matched with a guy from South Africa. Mentioned my girlfriend was from Durban and got chatting. This guy actually had a CCTV monitor next to his computer monitor and was checking it whilst playing. He also said the previous week a family in a house on his road had been burgled and they tied the man and kids up and forced them to watch them as they ‘beat his wife up for two hours’.

Absolute basket case of a country.

Namibia is great, a really good country. There's not many people and very few whites and those whites speak German.

The oddest thing between SA and the UK is the mental adjustment regarding security. There are two windows in our SA house I regard as weakest and I place a 1/4 inch wood board down, with about 50 spaced out inverted 1" nails hammered in, every night before bed so if anyone comes in you hear a scream. I sleep with two knives and something else by the bed aside from my wife. The bedroom door is especially strengthened (as are the window bars). I may have a couple of CS grenades and do have x6 S10 gasmasks for us all. When I visit a friend's house I'm always thinking how someone gets in. All of this is in Vredehoek, Cape Town one of the safest parts.

That said SA has some great Michelin restaurants for £20 a meal and great views.

In the UK we don't have bars and I don't sleep with anything but a baseball bat near by but we are alarmed.

And again - WTAF did people in the liberal west think would happen? It was pointed out back in the day where things would be headed should the current mob of thieves and thugs gain control over the country. As I recall, those who dared to point out what was fairly obvious to many who lived in Africa were shouted down and vilified by the liberal media.

The oddest thing between SA and the UK is the mental adjustment regarding security. There are two windows in our SA house I regard as weakest and I place a 1/4 inch wood board down, with about 50 spaced out inverted 1" nails hammered in, every night before bed so if anyone comes in you hear a scream. I sleep with two knives and something else by the bed aside from my wife. The bedroom door is especially strengthened (as are the window bars). I may have a couple of CS grenades and do have x6 S10 gasmasks for us all. When I visit a friend's house I'm always thinking how someone gets in. All of this is in Vredehoek, Cape Town one of the safest parts.

That said SA has some great Michelin restaurants for £20 a meal and great views.

In the UK we don't have bars and I don't sleep with anything but a baseball bat near by but we are alarmed.
I studious follow this. dpvwatch / * CRIME MAP * / January crime map

A quiet month, very close to us, but a simple example:
name
Carjacking

description
Deer Park parking area – Wednesday, 2 January 2019, at around 18:30 – ARREST
Two males approached a woman sitting in her vehicle in the parking in Deer Park. Although she drove off, they managed to get into the vehicle. She jumped out and then they drove off in her car. They crashed into the barrier at Rocklands Park and then fled on foot, stealing her phone. A delivery man and other witnesses gave chase. The delivery man retrieved her phone which was dropped during the chase. One suspect was apprehended and handed over to SAPS.
Reported to SAPS.

Amazed SAPS actually did anything.

So many private security guys here it's not real. This area is affluent people only, if you get my drift.