What a way to start a tour.

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by CrowdedNamespace, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Overheard from a policeman's walkie-talkie at 0512 on a saturday morning.

"... any unit available to attend Witney police station? There's a squaddie outside wearing only his boxer shorts. He states that he should have been at Brize Norton at 0130 to fly to Afghanistan and has been the victim of a cruel practical joke."

Can anyone shed some light? Did the poor chap deserve it?

2. phahahahahahahaha splutter.

Ok which one of you was it?

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Hmmmm, do flights often leave Brize at 0130?

I thought the RAF clocked off at 1630........ sorry I mean 4.30pm.

4. Didn't say take off at 0130. Come on, we've all been there, Crabair due to take off at 1130, MCCP at 0130 three days before.

5. I wondered what had happened to the new Commander.

6. To be fair, I've been dicked about on a far worse scale at South Cerney than any crab at Bzn could even begin to dream of.

7. Ah South Cerney - bar closed at 2100 for transitees, early to bed, so they can wake you early for a sh1te breakfast and incipient indigestion in the icy dark, before driving you to Lyneham at 00-ungodly-hours, to play international standard "Hurry up and Wait - the game for all the Unit!" for eleven hours.

8. To be fair, Cuddles, the shite breakfast was available 24 hours a day.

9. I seem to remember FI flights left BZN at 0001 on a Tue a.m. Crab-Air expectation was that we'd hang around from arriving p.m. Sunday from Gutersloh. Didn't quite work out like that.

10. FI Flights? Where would you land? Stanley is far too small. (redarrse) ;)

11. I suppose it depends if 'Steve' (Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Gary George Dalton, KCB, BSc, FRAeS, RAF) decides to pay over time, or give a day off in lieu. If he doesn't there'll be hell to pay from the union.

12. It must've taken you ages to get there in your galleon.....

13. The Emperor rides again, MWAHAHAHAHA. "Yes, young warrior, you are going to represent Queen and Country in a large, dry sandpit, you'll be OK going on the lash, don't kick the arse out, of course you'll be back in time. Now go and drink your bodyweight in Stella to impress those chicks and your mates".