What A Soldier Is Worth

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_rat, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The table below sets out the food costs of several different categories. A soldier is better off than a school kid, but worse off than a young offender. Of course, if you an MP you do much better, and you do not need to submit claims to the entitlement.

Attached Files:

2. I hadn't realised that our MPs lived so frugally. Presumably to pay for the £20' odd per meal for them they would expect to receive an allowance of about £100?

3. Wah?

(its hardly the most, er, official looking piece of work I've ever seen)

4. That's why they're all fat lying cnuts!!!

5. Thing is if you submit a fraudulent claim as a soldier you get hung drawn and quartered. If you're a member (of Parliament) it is par for the course.

6. As usual, our MP's come out on top. God bless'em.

7. I don't understand the graph.

Is it showing how much food each grouping gets for the portion it pays for? Or is it showing the quality paid for? The amount paid per individual in each grouping?

If the latter, how does it differentiate between PAYD and the previous regime where it has not yet been superceded? I understand that that PAYD has strict portion control whereas the previous regime mostly allowed the piling of plates to happen.

8. It's from here:

http://www.order-order.com/2007/12/food-alllowances-school-children-armed.html

Although the article does not explain how the figures were arrived at.