What?? A Politician speaking sense??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ace_Rimmer, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this should go in the Naffi or here as I can guess the kind of responses it will get...

Cameron on fat, lazy people..

I don't think I need to add anything else..

edit to add: I don't read the daily hate but this article contains direct quotes.

2. Does he have anything to say about lightweight weather-vane politicians who started their careers mimicking the opposition and who'll say anything to get his mug in the papers?

3. this coupled with the thread about how his advisor got mugged, could it be that reallity is creaping into the tories. and the pc bullsh1t is on its way out.

4. Mmmm, actions young man, actions are what this country needs - his words will mean nothing once the PC crowd are done with him.

Elect the bugger and give him the chance to make good on such undoubtedly correct and long over-due views. That'll learn him!

5. I read this in timesonline
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4290298.ece

Maybe he is headline grabbing, and that there are no actions to back it up. But it is the first time in how long that somebody has said this. Now wait for all the flak he will get from the 'How dare you accuse him of being fat/lazy/violent/incompetent etc, when he really needs a hug' brigade.
    Perhaps the fact that one of his crowd got a fat lip has made a difference, which is a good reason to smack your MP in the mouth.

Read some of the comments that go with it, they are generally quite supportive so he has struck a note.

Sample:

"I grew up on a rough council estate and could have chosen to be feckless sponger, instead I worked hard, ate as well as I could, looked after myself and took personal responsibility, but alas so few of those I grew up with did the same: that was their CHOICE. Bravo Mr Cameron."

It's time a lot of people took responsibility for their own actions and lack of actions rather than relying on the tax payer to support them. God helps those who help themselves as my old Mum used to say. How right she was. I am fed up with the 'something for nothing' brigade.

It's time a lot of people took responsibility for their own actions and lack of actions rather than relying on the tax payer to support them. God helps those who help themselves as my old Mum used to say. How right she was. I am fed up with the 'something for nothing' brigade.

I'm fat, I know it's my fault but i don't need David Cameron to tell me. He should learn to mind his own business.

I not know why everyone is getting so upset about this fat thing. I'm nearly clinically obese and I eat too much. Thyroid this and virus that are just excuses. It's your choice! - no offence meant to anyone but:
    There were no fat people in Belsen!

6. Is that right then? We should not be afraid of being too judgemental in the interests of the country? In which case, Cameron old chap? could you, your party colleagues, your opposition colleagues (i.e. the government) and anyone else in that big good lads' club you call parliament do one, because to my relatively well trained eye, you are all useless. Perhaps even more useless than the Archbeako of Druidia, Dr Rowan Trees Keep Witches Awaylliams...

7. It's interesting to compare Cameron's 'honesty' with Broon's recent advice to the stupid - namely that 'buy one get one free will only save people money if they consume both items'.

Is this just one party's spin catching up with the other?