What a pity?

Not a personal fan of him, but seem to remember when it nearly collapsed a while back that he put quite a bit of cash into it to keep it afloat - not that it matters to him when he's got so much cash, of course.

Shouldn't have bothered imo, was dragged once and found it singularly shite

Went to a Jamie’s Italian when they first opened. Queued for around an hour and was largely underwhelmed by the whole experience. A lot more expensive than Pizza Express and nowhere near as good.

Tried again a second time in Pompey fairly recently because they had a half term deal on for the kids. We were casually chatting to the reception staff in our hotel and informed them of our plans to visit Jamie’s later that day. They warned us against it having recently had a staff meal there that was an absolute pile of shit.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a good word about Jamie’s Italian.

Having said all that I like Jamie Oliver, I like his books and his programmes. I met him and his missus once. They were nice people who went out of their way to look after the people working for them.
Only second hand info ( a mates nanny went to school with his wife.)
Her summation of her as a sixth former was “ a rat faced gold digger”
( she may have mellowed once she “ married well”).!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Only second hand info ( a mates nanny went to school with his wife.)
Her summation of her as a sixth former was “ a rat faced gold digger”
( she may have mellowed once she “ married well”).!
I only met them the once for a few hours but they seemed alright.

Let me add pretentious and overpriced!
Fuggin overpriced!!#!!................when 15 opened he was charging a tenner for a slice of toast with beans on it.

Is there a celebrity chef who`s been around a while but not had a their business go bust ? bad judgement seems to be a common weakness in many of them.
Remember the telly programme they made about Oliver opening 15? He seemed to have very little to almost nothing to do with making the financial decisions, he was listening to the advice of accountants telling him he needed to invest his money to make even more money and pay less tax. These blokes cook, they do not make autonomous business decisions they nod, agree and sign on the advice of accountants.