What A Mess

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Old Bastard, Jan 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Mess voted across a sizeable sum to offset the cost of a dine-out in March. No problem with that. But towards the end of the mess meeting, the PEC informed us that there will not be enough room for all of us to attend. I find this to be unfair due to monies being voted across and think that all mess members should be able to attend.

2. How awful for you

• Like Like x 1
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sounds like my mess.

4. I agree, find a better location.

5. Ask that those not attending get a reduced mess bill the month after to make up for monies voted over.

6. My heart pumps piss!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just clack a cheap bottle of Vodka and gatecrash the ****. Give the PEC a debrief and tell the big badge that he is a dick.

Get a mate to take some photos and post them on here at a suitable opportunity after the event.

That will teach them a lesson they won't forget.

• Like Like x 2
  8. And.....if you do it properly.......you won't have to pay another mess bill!

9. If all mess members wish to attend the function, they can't be refused.

A function doesn't have to be held in any particular building.

Partners/guests are not required to attend.

Look on the bright side, if your mess is in a building that can't accommodate all it's members, a 3 line whip can't be enforced.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SSM - "Everyone will attend"

On the night "Where's the SSM?"

"Has stuff on"

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Remember doing something similar to this in the 90s. Didn't have to call anybody a dick, just wandered into the mess bar to have the free beer on offer (to the invited guests that was). Being told to get fucked was not an option.

12. Not being a flyer I never had the pleasure of a proper mess apart from waiting on a couple of times, I remember it being like the film The Fly in that once senior ranks entered they were cordial and subdued but on leaving for the minibus they morphed into epic windmilling cocks, usually defending a portly wife or 2.

13. Just a guess, you do understand what a bleep is in regards to dingerr former role.

14. Nah, just post the event on facebook, and have hundreds of Chavs turn up :)