What a bitter old cow

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by When_Practicable, Apr 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who knew Mad Cow desease had not been eliminated from the UK?
  2. I agree with her
  3. So you are denying the existence of those sick individuals, the "grief junkies".
  4. I think in many ways she has a bit of a point actually.
  5. She is right, this country is full of grief ghouls.
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

She's right and I agree with her. Grief-whoring is never pretty.

There will be those there for the best of reasons but also more than a few who are in the Diana mould.
  7. It has grown into a bit of a Diana spectacle, there are plenty of grief whores there too.
  8. I'm afraid she's been 'Daisy Demented' of Brum for donkey's years.It is getting very ghoulish,but it's also keeping Cyclops fairly honest and focussing some attention on the inquests taking place...
  9. If people want to pay their respects i think that is to be admired. It would be far worse if it were just ignored.

I imagine that most of the people down there are towns people and members of the british legion, indivduals unit, family etc
  10. Were you chucking daisies at Di's box too?
  11. Admire people who turn up at a strangers coffin passing by? Strange boy!
  12. Well i think thats a different kettle of fish really. Worlds apart between the death of a serving soldier and a former royal.

I just find her opinion fairly distasteful and think that its a good thing that people actually bother to make the effort. It has also helped bring it into the public eye.
  13. Sensible article.