what 4x4??

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Bixslade, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I currently own a TD5 Disco (Y plate). Cracking car but its reached the time in its life where i'll need to spend serious money on it soon. As much as i like Land Rovers, i'm getting a bit fed up different things stopping working each time i get in it. So i started looking at the Disco 3. Nice car but lots of expensive stuff to go wrong, at least the wheel bearings are cheaper than mine though. So if you discount the LR range, what 4x4 would you have/do you own??.
  2. I'm going to grab some snacks and watch this one unfold.
  3. Go Japanese
  4. Why do you want a 4x4?

Do you want to tow a large boat or caravan?

Have Ravers posts upset you and you wish to attach a large steel hawser to a wall of Chateau Ravers and turn it into a heap of rubble?

Or do you want to be plucking your eyebrows and yelling into your mobile phone as you approach some poor **** in a Corsa at the traffic lights, knowing that you can roll over him and wipe out his family while you are safe?

There are so many reasons to own a 4x4.......
    • Like Like x 1
  5. In that case, I can recommend wasabi peas.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. If you have a minuscule penis, get a Range Rover Sport. If you are a povvo with a small penis, get a Nissan Juke.
  7. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Hmm, I was going to ask if anyone had an Xc90, but I'll have to measure my knob first apparently. Lol
  8. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

More German than French. So, what's the thoughts on an XC90?
  9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

rav4 diesel, end of .
  10. It's alright, I have a Tiguan. My penis is both fully functional and aesthetically pleasing though.
  11. X-Trail, doesnt break, doesnt cost the earth, does work off-road, does fit lots in.
  12. Big model Land Cruisers are the toughest ,followed by Patrols - fact , but if you require a smaller 4x4 go for 90 series Land Cruiser or a Hi Lux , yes they may be the most expensive but thats for a good reason.
  13. Daihatsu Fourtrack, smallish, nifty, goes forever. Very cabbyable. Or Mitsubishi Pajero - large 7 seater plus luggage, and pulls anything. Both are 2wheel with selectable 4wheel. The Paj can enage 4wheel whilst driving, too. Handy at times.

or an X3/5 (oooh, real 4x4 and not big cars).
  14. This.

Also tows nicely and will do 45mpg on a long run.