What 3 Words App

Anyone using this app ?, simplifies giving locations and easier to remember than coordinates , maybe it has a military use in the field ?

Useful for finding a shot deer on a Scottish hillside or giving a buddy a good location for fishing?

3 word address: ///sizes.much.marble

Last edited:
Anyone using this app ?, simplifies giving locations and easier to remember than , maybe it has a military use in the field ?

Useful for finding a shot deer on a Scottish hillside or giving a buddy a good location for fishing?

3 word address: ///sizes.much.marble
Yes ,Its not brand new , brother uses it at work accurate to 9m2 square. "maybe it has a military use in the field" already does but not in the field, yet . ;)
We were original users in 2013 for some of the "toys" we developed but the big boys preferred coordinates as a location identifier to W3W as they were static and in current use.
W3W is ideal for civilian use ie delivery services and emergency services, or as above.
I dont know if garmin have adopted the system , I know navmii has.

We looked at it.

I’m not a fan.

The risk is if the company goes tits then you’ve lost everything.

Secondly, you’ve still got to be able to find out where you are to give the location it’s tag. Anyone who can do that can work a grid reference. So only helps people who are only given locations by someone else.