Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s less funny than Taskmaster

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hmm, the BBC are excelling themselves this Christmas, thank heavens I can still afford Sky, Amazon and Netflix.

And don't forget the only programme that the BBC actually gives a shit about and is completely shit as a consequence

EASTENDERS.

The only show where the actors and actresses are chosen by how loud they can shout in a mockney accent!

And don’t forget dawn french back as the vicar of dibley , doing 10 minute monologue,s
you can guess what they’ll be about

Any clue apart from praising the EU and BLM and going Boris grr ?

TamH70

MIA
And don’t forget dawn french back as the vicar of dibley , doing 10 minute monologue,s
you can guess what they’ll be about
How much she misses Lenny Henry's one-inch-wonder?

And don't forget the only programme that the BBC actually gives a shit about and is completely shit as a consequence

EASTENDERS.

The only show where the actors and actresses are chosen by how loud they can shout in a mockney accent!

Then get killed by their long lost psychotic half-brother who has moved 'back to the square' after being split from their parents, but has never ever been mentioned before she/he arrived, after marrying the ex-cooper/hoodlum and living up north, but still a mockney accent.

There's also the distinct lack of fat African women mooching around doing nothing, or the hoards of Burka-mum's with bratty kids in prams.

If it was really Eastenders, then The Vic would be a West Ham and Stormfront shrine, with a distinctly white feel about it

EASTENDERS.

TBF you would hardly expect the actors in a soap about working class cockernees to sound like Brian Sewell having a spat with Prince Charles.

Next thing you know is Corrie will be full of Lancashire/Manc accents.

TBF you would hardly expect the actors in a soap about working class cockernees to sound like Brian Sewell having a spat with Prince Charles.

According to Hollyoaks, Chester is full of cockneys and yorkies.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When did ARRSE become the font of all knowledge on TV Soaps?

Off to mumsnet with you

Loved the Prince Charles Brian Sewell reference.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

EASTENDERS.

That’s one programme I have never watched, I’ve just seen the clips they show and when you turn over and watch the last minute or so, I expect every sentence they shout to finish in, “ you slag”.

Never managed to work out how the daughter of one character (Bethany?), brought up in Italy from shortly after birth to the age of 18, speaks as though she had never spent a day away from Salford??
Not that I pay much attention to it but it always seems rather odd whenever the bint pipes up.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
Does she get them out for the lads? If not, then she's fair game.
dda5188e6d6ad4d0eaf9fe04e3f1804b.jpg

As this is the NAAFI...

Does she get them out for the lads? If not, then she's fair game.

I don't know if she has or not.
There's always a suggestion about her that she would though.

Issi

War Hero
My kids keep trying to get me to watch Brooklyn 99.
Now that is dire, it feels like it was written in a sixth form common room.

The popularity of Gavin and Stacey baffles me, especially the Nessa character, who despite being played by a Welsh actress, has an accent that does not appear to bear any resemblance to any Welsh accent that I have ever heard.
Oh, and Mrs Brown's Boys, why are we importing this shit from the Irish?
Is it tit for tat for us sending over Cromwell and the New Model Army?

Latest Threads