WGS Quits Celtic

Who would be a football manager?,the stress must be overwhelming!
I reckon WGS for Sunderland is a possibility, now i'm just wondering what "big" names will be linked to Celtic?. No doubt whoever it is will need serious financial backing from the board 8)
p.s Good luck WGS,cheers for three in a row!

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
seen in sunderland over the weekend apparently.

tims fans won't be too bothered not many liked him.
Which as a Hun I've never understood; the Ginger One won them Three In a Row... 8O

Moving from one set of Bog Arabs to another? Has he no ambition?

The IRA sporting wing hated him anyway as he was not "Celtc Minded" (sic). His nieces however...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The man took the 'Tic to 3 titles and missed one on the last game yet feels he has to resign.

Football is crazy - I wish him well even though I am not a Tim or a Hun.

Auld-Yin said:
The man took the 'Tic to 3 titles and missed one on the last game yet feels he has to resign.

Football is crazy - I wish him well even though I am not a Tim or a Hun.
Only in Scotland would coming second in the league be considered a disastor... :roll:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Werewolf said:
Only in Scotland would coming second in the league be considered a disastor... :roll:
Don't think it was so much the result as the grief he took for years for not being 'Sellick minded'.

Sometimes think those muppets would be happier with someone like Shane McGowan as manager :roll:

It's petty-minded nonsense, mainly because he was such a tenacious (i.e. "wee cnut of a...") player for Aberdeen and the half-wit brigade can't seem to forget that. A bit like the lunatics with blue shirts who will never accept Kenny Miller because he "isn't Rangers-minded" i.e. he once fought for the other side.

He has been a more than acceptable manager, although his attitude to the fans and to the media has sometimes been a bit frustrating. Three in a row is pretty good by anyone's standards.

Same thing happened with rangers and mcleish, he won them the treble and a year later was out on his ear, they're not jobs that anyone can really do for too long, the shelf life for working up there is 3 or 4 years maximum before it gets a bit too daft.

Werewolf said:
That's possibly because only in Scotland coming second in the league is tantamount to coming last - given that there are only ever 2 teams in with a shout of winning it. :roll:

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
PandaLOVE said:
It goes to show a mediocre manager can make it big in the SPL (Scottish Pub League) when at the helm of Celtic or Rangers. Anyone could do that job.
Brian Clough could win that joke of a league 10 years in a row, starting now. And he's dead.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Good lord. You wait for years to see the magical trick of someone talking out of their arse and then two come along in the space of two minutes.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
*Cough* Paul Le Guen *cough*

Look at that 'mediocre' manager's record and see the pigs ear he made at Castle Greyskull.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Sixty said:
Good lord. You wait for years to see the magical trick of someone talking out of their arse and then two come along in the space of two minutes.
Are you seriously trying to pretend that the SPL is not a waste of time, and that anyone outside of Jockland takes it even remotely seriously? Those two teams would sell their fans down the river to get out of that hole and go south to where the money is.

Command_doh said:
Are you seriously trying to pretend that the SPL is not a waste of time, and that anyone outside of Jockland takes it even remotely seriously? Those two teams would sell their fans down the river to get out of that hole and go south to where the money is.
Well, the SPL head-honchos have resisted the urge thus far, despite big-money under-the-table offers from the FA and the TV whores.

But...let's face it, the Premiership is merely a money laundering operation for Arab sheikhs, Russian gangsters and American con-men anyway, staffed primarily by foreigners. (sniff...makes you proud to be British...) Anyone could do well at the top 4. Money talks and bullshit walks, as our yankee cousins say. Fergie was extremely close to being fired at Man Utd and now he's revered as a demi-god - there's a lot of luck in the premiership.

Latest Threads