WGS Quits Celtic

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shoo in for Sunderland, surely?

2. Who would be a football manager?,the stress must be overwhelming!
    I reckon WGS for Sunderland is a possibility, now i'm just wondering what "big" names will be linked to Celtic?. No doubt whoever it is will need serious financial backing from the board 8)
    p.s Good luck WGS,cheers for three in a row!

3. seen in sunderland over the weekend apparently.

tims fans won't be too bothered not many liked him.

4. Which as a Hun I've never understood; the Ginger One won them Three In a Row... 8O

5. Moving from one set of Bog Arabs to another? Has he no ambition?

The IRA sporting wing hated him anyway as he was not "Celtc Minded" (sic). His nieces however...

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The man took the 'Tic to 3 titles and missed one on the last game yet feels he has to resign.

Football is crazy - I wish him well even though I am not a Tim or a Hun.

7. Only in Scotland would coming second in the league be considered a disastor... :roll:

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Don't think it was so much the result as the grief he took for years for not being 'Sellick minded'.

Sometimes think those muppets would be happier with someone like Shane McGowan as manager :roll:

9. Martin McGuinness anyone ?

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Brilliant idea. Every Old Firm game would have 20,000 snipers.

11. It's petty-minded nonsense, mainly because he was such a tenacious (i.e. "wee cnut of a...") player for Aberdeen and the half-wit brigade can't seem to forget that. A bit like the lunatics with blue shirts who will never accept Kenny Miller because he "isn't Rangers-minded" i.e. he once fought for the other side.

He has been a more than acceptable manager, although his attitude to the fans and to the media has sometimes been a bit frustrating. Three in a row is pretty good by anyone's standards.

12. Same thing happened with rangers and mcleish, he won them the treble and a year later was out on his ear, they're not jobs that anyone can really do for too long, the shelf life for working up there is 3 or 4 years maximum before it gets a bit too daft.

13. That's possibly because only in Scotland coming second in the league is tantamount to coming last - given that there are only ever 2 teams in with a shout of winning it. :roll:

14. It goes to show a mediocre manager can make it big in the SPL (Scottish Pub League) when at the helm of Celtic or Rangers. Anyone could do that job.

15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Brian Clough could win that joke of a league 10 years in a row, starting now. And he's dead.