WFM

Discussion in 'REME' started by BrownSauce, Jan 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is so bad about getting your kit fit getting rid of it, and then getting some back when you need it, it beats have to keep on top of it all the time. Is there a downside to it you tell me??? :roll:

2. Keeping on top of fit kit was always my failing. I was known as a vet, that was because all I could pick up and give an injection to was dogs.

PS if you know me please don't tell the wife I said that! I'll get slaughtered!!!

3. What the fcuk is this thread all about?

4. I only asked for your point of view on something, if you dont have one fair enough see ya later.

5. Unless I'm very much mistaken, kind Sir, I think the Gentleman is referring to whole fleet management.
    And yes, I do have a fine collection of train numbers....

6. It wouldn't be so bad if the Creme de creme (Brown Saurce) who posted this topic could spell and use correct grammer.

PS, He is ginger as well!!!!!

7. Oh dear. Is someone else going to tell him. Or shall I?

8. You are all just evil. Just because I'm one of the 5%ers. Thats % of gwars in the world, it doen't refer to owt else

9. so if you are in the top 5% of gwars and you are supposed to be intelligent why the Fcuk are you asking stupid questions about WFM

10. OK, just getting the hang of WFM, but what the hell is CFM?

11. CFM is complete fleet management. It is a Gunner thing cause you know how they like to own things

12. ..er last time I looked (and I try not to) it meant centralised fleet management. Now you're going to ask what the difference is between that and whole fleet management aren't you?
    Please don't or we shall all die of boredom.
    Yours in train spotterdom.

13. what is the difference?

14. Bert, the difference is the first word! :wink:

15. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

well here y'go - just for the giggles that will ensue:

" Whole Fleet Management - Key Messages

A modernisation in the way the Army manages its fleets of both combat and support vehicles.

WFM will provide the right eqpt, in the right configuration and condition, in the right amount , in the right place and at the right time to achieve mil capability.

WFM will introduce major changes - is therefore incremental and subject to extensive assessment over the next few years, inc trials and the study/adoption of best practice from other Mil and Commercial sources.

The focus of WFM will be changes in central management.

WFM is the most cost-effective method of balancing the requirement for vehicle availablility, for Ops and trg, with affordable qties of new eqpt.

WFM will herald more efficient trg and therefore a better quality of life for our soldiers. "

---------endit------------------

(erm...sic.....or should that be "sick"...FWIW)

M'sieur Le Chevre :p

[/img]