Weve just rescued a Landing Craft

Discussion in 'RLC' started by lifeboatjohn, Jan 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought you chaps might be interested in this story. Yesterday we rescued some army types from a landing craft.... read about it here.

Thanks

2. and WTF is a 'Laning Craft'????

can you hook them all together for a network? :wink:

3. /me claps - GJ!

never work with children, animals or squaddies at sea :roll:

4. Laning Craft ?

This ???

[​IMG]

5. Ah...duly corrected...humble apologies!

For what it's worth, it appeared to be a sea going vessel of sorts with a rather unfortunate hole in the bow!

Thankfully they were all fine.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ok which muppet left the front door open?

7. I like the comment about the Super Bootie Service at the bottom-good work the RNLI...

8. Or perhaps load the beer coolers and BBQ at the back next time?

9. :)

The RLC strike again. I bet the lads at Marchwood wanted to keep it all quiet as well.

10. Actually they were going out to start their Underwater Knife Fighting Course,and you spoiled it for them.

11. I would! It's just banter mate.

T C

12. great the RNLI post a link that they did their job

shall we go to their website with links of war pics so they can see why their families sleep safely in their beds?

13. So RNLI can't have a bit of friendly banter now? I thought the end comment showed it was tongue in cheek?

14. With respect, there was no hint of humour or pointing the finger of blame in my post, quite the opposite, I make a point of commenting on how you guys normally sort things out yourselves. I also make a point of saying on the blog that we never, and I mean that - never, point the finger of blame at people. Indeed, I think I use the phrase 'shit happens'.

However, none of that changes the fact that this is newsworthy and I thought perhaps might be interesting to you guys. I in no way intended to cause offence. I apologise if I have.

For what it's worth I sort of straddle the fence having spent 8 years in the Navy, much of that time in the submarine service.

15. No need to apologise LBJ , people forget the dynamite job the RNLI do, sometimes in the most appalling weather, and they've lost a few people doing their job too.

Welcome to Arrse , even if you are a filthy Matelot :D