Wetherspoons to ban parents with kids after 2 alcoholic drinks.

Good news Pubs are not after school playschools for bored pissed young mums. We have this issue, they come in to get a bottle of wine and the kids run riot whilst Mums natter and look at their phones getting half pissed.

And before some go on about pulling single young Mums the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

a bottle of wine, 'Half pissed?'

A friend had a sign in her pub. "Dogs and Horses welcome, Children to remain Boxed".
CFB
Take an Orange from the box.

Good news Pubs are not after school play schools for bored pissed young mums. We have this issue, they come in get a bottle of wine and the kids run riot whilst Mums natter and look at their phones getting half pissed.

And before some go on about pulling single young Mums the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

a bottle of wine, 'Half pissed?'
Can't you read? The mum's just natter and watch their phones getting half pissed.

Sounds very "nanny-state" to me.

The Wetherspoons in Perth is bloody awful anyway. Food takes forever. There are other places in the town that are as cheap with as good quality food but with much better service.

Aye. I drink in the Cambuslang one from time to time. Decent enough food, cheap bevvy, table service when you use the Spoons app and a nice venue (old cinema) If you're interested enough to look there's pictures of the old industrial history of the area on the walls (steel & coal). Give me that over those arty farty 7 quid a pint shops any day.

View attachment 445542
I used to drink there from when it first opened up until last year.

If you fancy quiet pint in afternoon,,,,,,no chance after 3.30 once mums bring kids in from school.

doc80905

War Hero
I used to drink there from when it first opened up until last year.
My wee mate stays out that way plus I was in the steelworks there for years so I've sampled most of the pub scene around those parts. I go to the Newton Arms sometimes as well but once a band sets up, as they do often in there it's time for me to go as my tinnitus is bad enough these days without that racket going on!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a pity some people can't just be banned from having children.

If you fancy quiet pint in afternoon,,,,,,no chance after 3.30 once mums bring kids in from school.
Serves you right for living/drinking near such poverty reeking types

Where I live, at that time the kids are are probably at Cello lessons and the women chat with friends and all look gorgeous

My wee mate stays out that way plus I was in the steelworks there for years so I've sampled most of the pub scene around those parts. I go to the Newton Arms sometimes as well but once a band sets up, as they do often in there it's time for me to go as my tinnitus is bad enough these days without that racket going on!
I used to drink in the one behind the shops, big council car park. When that closed we moved to Spoons. The Sun Inn in Halfway is a good little pub.

Wish they did that while I leeching off their free wifi while in the UK.

And the ones I've been to were really nice actually. Less than £2 to 4£ quid a beer in London, I will take it, thank you.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a pity some people can't just be banned from having children.
ETA: Particularly those who have children after two alcoholic drinks.

philc

LE
Mentioned this to the wife and she told me about all the European nannys around Clapham Old Town who would natter. Basically yummy mummy went back to the city after a sprog leaving Henrietta in charge of a nanny. The nanny on a sunny day would meet up with her friends for many coffees, gaze at the phone whilst Henrietta bawled her eyes out in a screaming fit.

Chef

LE
Never seen kids in France as badly supervised.

I was chatting about this with the barlord a while back. My local had a garden with two entry points and an island bar.

One summer afternoon after a couple of sprogs had been racing through the pub and garden for 20 minutes he asked them where their parents were:

'Brent Cross, shopping'

(Brent Cross is about 30 minutes drive away).

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Mentioned this to the wife and she told me about all the European nannys around Clapham Old Town who would natter. Basically yummy mummy went back to the city after a sprog leaving Henrietta in charge of a nanny. The nanny on a sunny day would meet up with her friends for many coffees, gaze at the phone whilst Henrietta bawled her eyes out in a screaming fit.

Oh yes. Bad parenting is available across the spectrum of "social classes".

philc

LE
Never seen kids in France as badly supervised.

I was chatting about this with the barlord a while back. My local had a garden with two entry points and an island bar.

One summer afternoon after a couple of sprogs had been racing through the pub and garden for 20 minutes he asked them where their parents were:

'Brent Cross, shopping'

(Brent Cross is about 30 minutes drive away).
Could say the same about Italy, all though the odd one was a pain.

We were at a big outside alfresco do with others plus our dog. This 8 year old Italian boy was just pulling and pushing our dog even though we had asked him not to, suddenly our dog gave him a little bite, totally out of character for the dog and the boy burst in to tears. We were mortified, the parents came over, had seen what happened. Us expecting the worst sat waiting for a full on row. The father cuffed the boy, patted the dog on the head, the wife said he wont learn till he learns and walked off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkippedOnce The Intelligence Cell 105
R The Intelligence Cell 84
Provost The NAAFI Bar 155

Latest Threads