Wetherspoons to ban parents with kids after 2 alcoholic drinks.

philc

LE
Good news Pubs are not after school play schools for bored pissed young mums. We have this issue, they come in get a bottle of wine and the kids run riot whilst Mums natter and look at their phones getting half pissed.

And before some go on about pulling single young Mums the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Excellent idea, should be widened to all boozers and restaurants.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
'Can be' so it's managers discretion. Seems perfectly sensible.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Wetherspoons have had this as their discretionary policy for years. I have never seen it in action.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'd like to know how they get away with serving two alcoholic drinks to children and retain their licence?

Just ban kids from pubs, it's a drinking establishment not a creche

exiledblue

War Hero
How dare they

I used to drink more than 2 from the age of 14 in many boozers in south wales.

How the **** are kids meant to learn to drink.

My grandparents used to give us a sneaky half from the age of 10. Weak ass kids today, white lighting in the park, finger in the bushes, no wonder we can't get caliber military guys any more.

Wait - Caliber is/was no alcohol beer, maybe that is the problem.

My drunken rants clearly are not.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Can they also ban children as well, if you are not buying alcoholic drinks you are banned.
You only go to the spoons to buy cheap drink & get drunk, oh & food not bad either.

Can they also ban children as well, if you are not buying alcoholic drinks you are banned.
You only go to the spoons to buy cheap drink & get drunk, oh & food not bad either.
Some of their establishments can be quite decent. The beer is a believable price, and while the scoff ain't cordon bleu it's cheap and nice enough. I'd argue that the other 'kin pubs should at least take note.

Excellent idea, should be widened to all boozers and restaurants.
Especially NAAFI's or equivalents.

We had a family in Germany who would walk to the Naafi bar on camp each Saturday and Sunday afternoon for opening, and sit there boozing whist the kids just ran around. Every week without fail.

If the wife was really lucky, the hubby wouldn't get too pissed enough to knock her about a bit

Some of their establishments can be quite decent. The beer is a believable price, and while the scoff ain't cordon bleu it's cheap and nice enough. I'd argue that the other 'kin pubs should at least take note.
I've not used them much but was more than happy when I did with the service.
And he supported Brexit and was good on Any Questions a couple of years ago.
I have drunk in German pubs with children in them.
The children behave so are welcome.
Many children in the UK are not disciplined and that is the problem.

There is absolutely no need for children to be in a pub. They already have special places for chav parents with unruly children. They're called Harvester restaurants. There kids can celebrate their ADHD by running around screaming constantly, dropping food everywhere and leaving every surface covered in a greasy film.

If things look like they are starting to quieten down a bit, the staff will deliver a party cake to the chav's table to ensure that the brats are reloaded with sugar.

Slightly off topic:

Years ago I managed one of those Brewer's Fayre places near Eastbourne. Specially marketed to families with kids.

Unjustified complaints or getting gobby with the staff? I'll give your kids bottles of cherryade, full of E numbers and sugar, pure chemical and nothing good for you at all, to take to drink in the car on the way home. We'd be able to see the kids going insane through the rear windows of the car as it left the car park.

doc80905

War Hero
Aye. I drink in the Cambuslang one from time to time. Decent enough food, cheap bevvy, table service when you use the Spoons app and a nice venue (old cinema) If you're interested enough to look there's pictures of the old industrial history of the area on the walls (steel & coal). Give me that over those arty farty 7 quid a pint shops any day.

johnfairweather.jpg

Endoscope

Old-Salt
I was in county wicklow last year and a full on last orders bell started ringing at 8 o'clock. It was for kids! "Last orders at the bar please kids it's time to take your parents home... 10 minutes please...." I thought it was a great idea

endure

GCM
My local allows kids to eat with their parents until 9pm. After that they're out the door.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkippedOnce The Intelligence Cell 105
R The Intelligence Cell 84
Provost The NAAFI Bar 155

Latest Threads