Wetherspoons responsible drinking policy

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dandamegs, Nov 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What on earth is this all about?

After marching on the parade today in Kidderminster I naturally wanted to raise a glass.

Dropping into Wetherspoons they refused to serve me alcohol.

For my sins, I took my family on parade with me. As we were not eating I was refused under this policy as we had a child with us.

I was obviously ex service and asked if they knew what day it was!

Absolutely furious, but was I over reacting bearing in mind I did have my daughter with me.

On a more positive note we then went to the Watermill who were giving out a free drink to all serving and ex forces, children were very welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fire up the bus!.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. H3

H3 LE

But on any given weekend pop into your local Wetherspoons and you can see the droves of under age drinkers Queuing at the bar getting served .... And then they serve gallon jugs of some blue shit with 2 straws in it ... Responsible drinking policy my hairy arse !!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mmmmm... hairy arse, sounds like a nice cocktail.
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Wetherspoons Pontefract today were fantastic, the young lady who served my breakfast asked if I was going to the parade and even served me with a pint of Stella, when I returned after the parade she asked how it went and said all the veterans had drunk the stella so I had to have Amstel, happy days!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Not an overreaction - that is truly ridiculous. Some people really are jobsworth cunts.
  7. Chav walt
    • Like Like x 1
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My local had laid on coffee,soup & sandwitch's in the front bar for those passing after the parade.I had a nice pint of Wobbly before heading off up home.
  9. same happened to us in manchester last july-8 adults and 4 kids and they said we couldnt drink alchohol as we wernt acting as responsible adults -what a load of cock !
  10. I got the impression that Wetherspoons responsible drinking policy, was to ignore anyone they didn't go to school with.fat

12. No waterholes open inside the city walls after the parade, proly the watch commitee working hard as per notmal prog.

13. Where do you live........Jeddah...!
  14. Couldn't disagree more. They can refuse to serve who they want, just as you can choose where you want to drink. If you don't like their policies, don't give them your custom.
  15. My local is a Marstons, they were giving away a free pint to anyone producing an ID card or wearing medals, gave the Mrs a free glass of vino also, which was nice !!
    • Like Like x 1