Wetherspoons Bans Dogs

Or, in an alternative reality of quiet, country watering-holes: The food and drink chain said reasons for the ban included the fact the children can be unpredictable and customers, many of whom own dogs and are of the legal age to drink in pubs, may not be fans of the screaming, disruptive rugrats.

Well, there's WS off my list of drinking holes. It seems they're concentrating much more on the food rather than the drink side of the business.

'The food and drink chain said reasons for the ban included the fact the animals can be unpredictable and customers, many of whom include children, may not be fans of the four-legged friends.

'The company has had a no-dogs policy since shortly after it was founded almost 40 years ago, but said it had allowed "a few exceptions" in recent years.'

This pub chain is banning dogs from all venues today - this is why

'As well as being banned indoors, dogs will also not be allowed in outside areas around its pubs, such as beer gardens.'

Dogs barred from Wetherspoons for being 'unpredictable'

Last edited:
But but but, where will their best customer go to eat?

It is of course up to Wetherspoons, but they may wish to clarify the announcement that it’s just enforcing their existing “no canine” policy and does not prevent females from continuing to use Wetherspoons

Brilliant. Dogs shouldn't be allowed in public or in the workplace. It is foolish to suggest otherwise. Why do dog owners think they are special, you don't see Goldfish owners taking their pets to the pub or into work.

They should have a row of hooks or a beam of wood outside where dog owners can tie up their hounds, like cowboys used to tie their horses up in the Wild West when they went for a shot of redeye in the saloon.

Brilliant. Dogs shouldn't be allowed in public or in the workplace. It is foolish to suggest otherwise. Why do dog owners think they are special, you don't see Goldfish owners taking their pets to the pub or into work.

They should have a row of hooks or a beam of wood outside where dog owners can tie up their hounds, like cowboys used to tie their horses up in the Wild West when they went for a shot of redeye in the saloon.
You could say the same about ugly birds

Ain't going to happen.

'As well as being banned indoors, dogs will also not be allowed in outside areas around its pubs, such as beer gardens.'

It would be better if they banned to pissed up fcuk wits who start brawling after two pints of lager ,I went for a family once, never again.

Well that's me fcuked, I get very unpredictable when drinking heavily.

**** me that will hit profits.

Ain't going to happen.

Come on, it'll be brilliant. A row of pitbull terriers, all with crap miniature horse brasses on them, straining at the leads, bulging at the eyes, snapping at every poncy handbag Pug that goes past.

My Wetherspoon's local has always banned dogs except those "Assistance dogs" and "Hotdogs" from the menu. Most folk taking dogs into pubs these days seem to have those little ugly yappy feckers that you kick under the table. :cool:

Come on, it'll be brilliant. A row of pitbull terriers, all with crap miniature horse brasses on them, straining at the leads, bulging at the eyes, snapping at every poncy handbag Pug that goes past.
It would be the biggest dog fight ever, all the chavs placing bets on Titan and Satan while their pint of Wife Beater goes flat.