Westworld. What's it all about. Theories and ideas please.

Well,
Just seen episode 1 of season 2 and the plot thickens whilst some of the more far out theories appear to have been put to bed.

SPOILER ALERTS.

Westworld it seems is not on another planet but on an island/enclave in the Far East owned by China? Footage of what looks to be the people’s liberation army asking awkward questions and being given short shrift by Delos. Read the small print comrade.
Data mining including DNA, next generation/off the books drone hosts, confirmation that there are other parks and what looks to be more cross timelining in the narrative.

Promising start to the new season. I can see the series running for at least a third inception.

Starts tonight on Sky Atlantic at 21:00.

I have waited for a year and a bit for Series 2 only to find that my Sky box has died. For the third time in three years.

Tried a soft reset. Tried the software upgrade. Nada. The TV can see the Sky box but does not get anything from it, so I guess the hard drive is bolloxed.

Have to try the hard reset now, which means I lose all my recordings. Again.

Failing that, I will have to watch the most expansive widescreen TV programme on a bloody iPad. It ought to be simple to cast an iPad to a wi-fi connected TV but it ain’t.

Bummer.

Starts tonight on Sky Atlantic at 21:00.

I have waited for a year and a bit for Series 2 only to find that my Sky box has died. For the third time in three years.

Tried a soft reset. Tried the software upgrade. Nada. The TV can see the Sky box but does not get anything from it, so I guess the hard drive is bolloxed.

Have to try the hard reset now, which means I lose all my recordings. Again.

Failing that, I will have to watch the most expansive widescreen TV programme on a bloody iPad. It ought to be simple to cast an iPad to a wi-fi connected TV but it ain’t.

Bummer.
I'd give you a sympathy button, but there isn't one. Had a similar problem a few months ago.

I plugged a computer into the TV and watched stuff using the TV as the computer monitor.

Thanks. I just made a cuppa so now I have tea and sympathy.

I just fiddled about with the TV/Sky configurations and to my utter amazement I got Sky back up and running.

I was just about to do a hard reset which would have deleted all my recorded series (bummer) but messed around with TV sources. sky+ HD is listed as a source so the TV can see the sky box but not get a signal from it.

I set the source as Ext. and sky cropped up. All my recordings safe. Just testing the record function. With a bit of luck I am in business.

Now need to connect the sound bar.

Watched Ep1 over the weekend. Sweet jesus this could be series of epic happenings. Thandie Newton still going strong as her bad ass self. Wonder if she's enjoying playing such a strong character.
Have to say, the first 20 mins seemed a bit disjointed but everything soon comes together. Enjoying Bernards continuing role now he's aware of what he really is.