Westminster: Mr Touhig on on Service Accomodation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Oct 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. from Tuesday's Commons Defence Questions. HANSARD SOURCE

2. Its a shame that the accom in some Bulford barracks is in sh*t state and hasn't been touched in over 40 years. I remeber one room on my floor in Ward barracks with a room so infested with roaches it had to be sealed off, not to mention the windows ehich had been painted shut years before. It was like the descriptions of houses in mining towns in Orwells 'The road to Wigan Pier'. I found it sad that the best accomodation I ever had was in Gemany in the cold war, after that it got worse and worse as the defence budget was neglected. Still, they renovated the pads houses on a fairly regular basis, so thats all right then.
  3. Accommodation for squaddies has always been seen as very low priority, so it's not likely to improve any time soon. This is to make it appear as if they're tackling the problem. Typical of Phoney Tony and his crooked crew.
    But slightly off-topic: this geezer's name is Kidney? If he's a brief, he can open up an office with another brief I know around here, whose name is (and I shitteth thee not!) Ronald Stayke!