"Westminster Dragoons: join the finest TA Unit in London"

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Aug 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well thats what it says in the ad on ARRSE.

http://www.westminsterdragoons.co.uk/

I myself am particularly impressed by the photograph of the fat instructor giving a lesson in the field sans webbing, helmet or weapon. But I think he has a clipboard.

2. LOL! I failed to find that one, but seems a well laid out site, good effort for a subunit.

3. A good mate of mine transferred to them; I had a few beers in their mess on a number of occasions.

Overall, they were a good bunch of blokes with an interesting role.

That was a few years ago, mind. I think they still had horses, breastplates and lances.

V!

4. Finest Unit in London? Has anyone told 21 SAS they're no longer top dog?

5. Well done lightning.

6. There is also a bunch of gunners you could throw in but I dont want to start that up again :lol: .

7. gunners? you mean the HAC surely?!?! :p

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

9. Others might but I couldnt possible comment. On any conclusions you come to on any statement I ve made .About any unit in
    particular . :lol:

10. When it says 'finest' unit, rather like a good bottle of wine. After all, they are cavalry. And the average trooper's age was at one time n-n-n-n-n-ninety five :)

11. msr

msr LE

Yet another webiste in breach of the DCI, I fear.

msr

12. No, it isn't. Neither the WDs nor their parent unit have anything to do with the running of the site. Says so on the home page.

Quite right. The WDs are the "finest" in the sense that they cav and so are best appreciated when accompanied by a haze of port, cigar smoke and ripe cheese.

Although they can hardly trump 21, they are plainly "finer" in the warry sense than the HAC, inasmuch as the WDs have a recent warfighting record.

Finally, regarding this photo:

http://www.westminsterdragoons.co.uk/pages%20wds/recruitsRTW.htm

No one in that pic is a WD. The perils of copyright infringement. Be warned!

13. I was just gonna say that, the instructor in the pic is also wearing a blue beret, so clearly not a WD