Westland Scout

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by agricola, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello to all, was wondering if someone could tell me were i could get my hands on any pictures of the Scout in Northern Ireland between 1978-1982? Much appreciated if anyone can help.

2. PM Tropper66...
  3. Scout AH 1 RAF Ballykelly 1973

there you go I wasn't there in 78

Attached Files:

4. One of the Heli-telly cabs, I believe.
  5. Its a shame we dont learn and use that whip anymore..... We just have to stick with an antenna that gets snapped off every time a cab is ground handled
  6. Flash, a bit off topic,but I saw this last night on telly and thought it may interest you, flying around Germany with a 30 ft 10 bladed circular-saw, cutting branches off trees next to power lines (!) I should imagine its an uncomfortable job for a Pilot with that hanging off, 2m away from 40000V power lines.

YouTube - ‪Helikoptersäge, Baumchirurgie Saller‬‏
    • Like Like x 1
  7. **** auth'ing that!!! :shock:
  8. That whip had snags too - very easy to take an eye out if you were in a rush to get in out of the rain, and ISTR someone forgetting it was extended when parking-up.
  9. **** me its a fighting knife for a wokka for when rockets and chainguns just dont say die motherfucker enough a giant circular saw will:)
  10. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

The dick antenna was for the old Larkspur B 45/47 VHF fitted at the time, the Heliteli Antenna was hung out of the stbd door, we only had the one and it was taken away for use at Princess Anne's wedding I seem to remember
  11. Not NI, but last flight of Scout, Detters 82.
    Not actually true as they landed and left later for UK

12. Back in the days when we had a Real Eli Telly.
    Clubs and wolves skin where issue items.
  13. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

FFS I had forgotten just how f@cking huge that piece of crap was, the yellow and black thing being the Antenna