Western Front Bike Ride

ADUX

War Hero
I'm toying with the idea of organising an AT / Battlefield Tour following the Western Front from the Belgian Coast to the Swiss border taking in the main WW1 battlefields.

Has anyone done this and if so do you have a PXR that i could have a look at? Can anyone give me a pointer towards some good info books and / or places to stay en-route (campsites, B&B etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dpcw

War Hero
ADUX said:
I'm toying with the idea of organising an AT / Battlefield Tour following the Western Front from the Belgian Coast to the Swiss border taking in the main WW1 battlefields.

Has anyone done this and if so do you have a PXR that i could have a look at? Can anyone give me a pointer towards some good info books and / or places to stay en-route (campsites, B&B etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IIRC an Arser works out that way and knows the terrain - either that or just knows the terrain. You will need to decide on a year though as the front became quite fluid in the latter stages. Plus for that distance it will either take a few weeks or you need fit cyclists.

Flyingmonkey and Banjotrooper can help you here.

Give me some notice so I can book leave and I will join you. You will not need books after these guys.

ADUX

War Hero
JoseyWales said:
Flyingmonkey and Banjotrooper can help you here.

Give me some notice so I can book leave and I will join you. You will not need books after these guys.
Many thanks, will give themn a try.

Latest Threads