westbury selection

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by drodri111, Apr 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. did my briefing last month and have main board soon.

can i have some info about how the obstacles at the main board compare with those in the briefing?

are they the same obstacles or harder?
    i hear it's as many as one can do in 3 mins, which must mean there's loads more than the five that were in the briefing (which took about a minute, give or take a bit).

also, how does the level of difficulty of command tasks compare with the briefing ones?

would be v helpful...

2. They are slightly more difficult but run along the same lines. Don't worry about the ins and outs of it at this stage, you will get details of what you need to do when you get there.

Remember they are looking for Officer potential, not Olympic ability.

Put in maximum effort, keep calm and think before you speak.

3. But what's the maximum number of obstacles? i really wanna clear 'em all if possible.

4. The underlying feeling I get from your numerous queries about the selection board and TACC is that you want to know exactly how hard you have got to try which could feasibly translate to "What can I get away with?".

Not exactly the right attitude old chap! The relatively unfit bloke who only gets part way round but nearly has a coronary trying, has got to be a better bet than the superfit guy who coasts along.

5. Read what folk are telling you: Put in maximum effort and do your best.

6. It is quite simple really, you keep on going until either you can't continue or they tell you time is up.

As has been said above it is about best effort. Whilst you may achieve what the DS consider an acceptable standard, an above acceptable standard may swing it for you where you are perhaps slighly borderline in other areas.