Westbury Medical before Main Board

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by DMan, Mar 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I had to re-schedule my Main Board for early June and I was booked onto a medical a few weeks before the actual Main Board. Is this standard nowadays and do you know what the medical actually entails?

Thanks,

Dman.

2. Hi DMan,

I booked my Briefing for April just the other day and was told that as of now (or very soon) everyone going through Westbury will also have to have a medical carried out at Westbury. Presumably this is why they've booked you a medical - I've had a TA one, which I assume is similar, and it was fairly basic questions, blood and eye tests, hearing test etc - assume it will be the same but no idea!

Having to travel to Westbury twice (for Medical and then briefing at a later date) will be great fun....

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It's part of the introduction of the Capita recruiting contract: from 26 March the medical will need to be carried out before the Main Board as a way of saving time and money. The plan is for it to take place at various medical centres around the country but I'm not sure when that will be up and running.

4. Many thanks for Clarifying cpunk