• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Westbury CFCB 080

Pass or fail??

• Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fail - encoraged to return

• Do not grace our doors again!!

• Total voters
For all those of us that attended the CFCB 080. How did we get on and to continue what im sure will be an endless debrief!

Orange 63

What does CFCB stand for?

msr

For God's sake Massiah, if you're going to put photos of yourself in uniform on the net, at least wear it correctly - that lanyard is a bloody disgrace!

You do the ACF no favours with attention to detail like that!

Harry Paget Flashman said:
For God's sake Massiah, if you're going to put photos of yourself in uniform on the net, at least wear it correctly - that lanyard is a bloody disgrace!

Mr Flashman,

Not being of a military background or for that matter the royal artillery (Was an engineer as a cadet) when i changed badge i wrote to Larkhill/Woolwich and asked for a copy of the royal artillery dress regulation.

I shall quote from page 5-E-5 of Annex E to part 5 "Designation of other ranks articles of dress and accoutrements" under the heading "lanyard white No.1"

"White plaited lanyard as issued. Worn by SSgts and below with No.2 dress on the right shoulder and the knot at the front in line with the upper seam of the breast pocket and drawn tight. With no pocket on the women’s jacket, the tail is secured around the cord and hidden under the armpit"

So in riposte to your comment would suggest that the lack of attention to detail is in fact yours and perhaps next time you will be less hasty try belittle someone who is clearly "in the right".

I think this highlights why many members of the ACF stay away from this site!

massiah said:
Harry Paget Flashman said:

Mr Flashman,

Not being of a military background or for that matter the royal artillery (Was an engineer as a cadet) when i changed badge i wrote to Larkhill/Woolwich and asked for a copy of the royal artillery dress regulation.

I shall quote from page 5-E-5 of Annex E to part 5 "Designation of other ranks articles of dress and accoutrements" under the heading "lanyard white No.1"

"White plaited lanyard as issued. Worn by SSgts and below with No.2 dress on the right shoulder and the knot at the front in line with the upper seam of the breast pocket and drawn tight. With no pocket on the women’s jacket, the tail is secured around the cord and hidden under the armpit"

So in riposte to your comment would suggest that the lack of attention to detail is in fact yours and perhaps next time you will be less hasty try belittle someone who is clearly "in the right".

I think this highlights why many members of the ACF stay away from this site!
And not being of a military background myself either - only ACF. However, drawn tight means not hanging out of the pocket - merely pointing out a potential faux pas old chap no attempt at belittling intended, but others on here might. Be sure you ae 'in the right' before you bare your gnashers at me :lol:

Regulations will only give you the bare bones I'm afraid.

Members of the ACF stay away because this is not really a site intended for the ACF, there are far more appropriate alternatives available.

Ah - fair point. Thought your reference to the lanyard was going to be one of the wrong arm. Have got many an old man in our county that believe not only that the sapper leg pulling is true but also that the lanyard is to be worn on the left arm. As you can imagine, convincing these people is impossible regardless of what dress regs you show them.

I think my current photo is much more fitting!