• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Westbury accommodation

Hello all,

Have my Briefing 18 March, although I'm unable to get there within the time limits given for the trains (depart after 0600 or arrive by 1000) so will be traveling on the Sunday. Has anybody been in a similar boat and can therefore recommend any B&B's they have stayed in? I realise it's only for one night, however I'd prefer to concentrate on things other than the strange smell from the walls or waking up to find the owner staring at me, baton in hand).
I will be e-mailing the clerk in regards to costs in the (small)hope of possible reimbursement. Fingers crossed at least.

Thanks,

Hesk

Nearest Travelodge. Cheap and no need to speak to anyone, so you can get your head together. Read the Telegraph for at least a week beforehand.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cedar hotel is virtually next door. No idea about room rates[/QUOTE

Yep, they'll put you up, they do a lot of business through briefings and your RCB (whatever it's called these days). Am surprised you don't know, you should have been given a list of suitable places to stay with your briefing materiel.

I stayed at Redwood Lodge and it was fantastic for settling those pre-AOSB nerves. The staff are really friendly and they provide an evening meal for you, where you get to sit and chat with some other candidates on the same board. Sandy will also bring out a large bundle of postcards and thank you letters from previous candidates who have passed and wanted to pass on general tips/encouragement. It's also right next to the train station and the staff will arrange a taxi for you the next morning so there is no need to do it yourself.

All down to personal preference, but I was fairly nervous prior to Briefing/Board and so the chance to meet up with other candidates the night before was really appreciated.

Good luck.

Great responses guys, thanks. In regards to the Briefing material, didn't receive anything on potential places to stay. For those who have done it, I take it that it is a luxury you pay yourself then? Meeting up with other candidates would be beneficial like you said Yorkshire Lad, thanks again.

cpunk

LE
For those who have done it, I take it that it is a luxury you pay yourself then? Meeting up with other candidates would be beneficial like you said Yorkshire Lad, thanks again.
Yup, you'll have to pay for it yourself. Looking on the positive side, having to spend an additional night in Westbury and pay for it yourself should be a good incentive to try your hardest never to go near the hideous chavopolis ever again if you can avoid it.

Haha, there's always one. I thought I'd use my initiative in gaining first hand experience, something I've always found to be a great source in making decisions. Thanks anyway.

Latest Threads