Westboro Baptist Church

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DeltaDog, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ghost_us started a (now locked) thread about these lunatics in CA, but it feeds into a conversation I had a few days ago.

Even if the law allowed such behaviour in the UK, I can't imagine that turning up to a military funeral in the UK with placards reading "god hates soldier fags" would lead to anything other than a good kicking; and it wouldn't take many of them for the WBC to get the hint.

So why does nobody batter them?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. First or Second Amendment?

3. Attack lawyers are on standby to sue you for everything you own, did own, future earnings, first born children and the steam off your shit for the remainder of your natural life plus unto the seventh generation.

That's why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Balaclava's. That's all you would need. I'm speculating of course; but not being a betting man I'd put a lot of money on the fact that that if somebody did give these ********* a good shoeing; I'm confident that they could get entire Battalions of US Military who would swear blind under oath in court they were somewhere very different at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did somebody not make the point that most church members are lawyers and that they deliberately goad attacks to make money in court?

6. l

• Like Like x 1
  7. There are serious consequences for attacking someone in the UK. However, when the plastic mujahideen showed up at the Anglian's homecoming parade, Police protection is the only thing that stopped them from being lynched.

Despite the feather-spitting hatred of those they offend, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of Police protection around the WBC. People just behave. Are the Americans simply more civilised than us?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why would they sue? Surely the would just accept that they had offended god in some way, as there is no way he would allow them to have the shit kicked out of them, if they hadn't? Isn't that their entire shtick, bad things only happen to those who have not followed the teachings correctly?

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

As far as I understand it, this lot are essentially an incest cult who pass themselves off as a church for tax and legal protection.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

That surprises me not a jot since seeing Louis Theroux's documentaries regarding them. Seriously, seriously creepy even without their very unpleasant picketing.

From the dominating patriarch down they did seem to be a blueprint for a Branch Davidian lite mob.

11. Fingers crossed when they go up in flames it's only the adults who burn to death the mongs.

12. Ah, they are indeed lawyers. They actually run a successful law firm. I can't find anything about them goading attacks (or even being attacked) but they make a lot of money from suing people who try to stop them from protesting. I wonder how much of what they do is down to that.

13. I think thier method is to sue the city council for not protecting thier constiutional rights to freedom of speech and religion after either getting a good kicking or being fucked off by plod

14. There's a video on Youtube somewhere (not from the Louis Theroux programme) where the cops pretty much save their lives. The WBC nutters are in a Minibus, crowd breaking the windows etc when a couple of cops give them the chance to get away.