West Mercia Constabulary Help For Heroes Action Day.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by JINGO, Aug 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

West Mercia Constabulary Dog Section are again holding an action day to raise money for Help for Heroes at the Force Headquarters, Hindlip Hall, Worcester.
    Last year, despite appalling weather, we managed to raise over £25000 and we would love to top that this year.
    The location is as stated, the date is Sunday 6th September 2009,the action starts at 12 and will run until around 430pm,tickets are £20 a car(unlimited occupants).
    The displays are still to be formalised but will include: military vehicles and aircraft, Challenger, Scimitar, ATO equipment and vehicles, Police vehicles, Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue crash demo, Air ambulance, Force Helicopter, fly pasts from various popular military aircraft, freefall parachute display, static Merlin, Chinook, Sea King, paintball range and of course the Landshark display Team.
    All are welcome the more the merrier Please support us if you are in the area (You dont even have to be a fan AB, IT Guy,Cuddles etc).
    Tickets can be booked through Michelle at the Dog Section on 01905 332321 or E Mail michelle.devey-carvill@westmercia.pnn.police.uk
    Cheques should be made payable to Help For Heroes and sent to West Mercia Police, Hindlip Hall, Worcester,WR3 8SP please include a SAE.
    Cheers All.
  2. Nice to see support from one service to another, keep up the good work and i hope you hit your target.

Best wishes and regards R.
  3. JINGO

Thank R,
    A lot of the Dog Section (Im on a different Team my Missus is the dog Handler) are Ex Military (mainly Army) and this charity is close to home for us all even more so in these dark days.
  4. JINGO

Shameless bump!
  5. JINGO

Shameless weekend publicity bump!
  6. JINGO

Its in two weeks time now, tickets still available. Good day out for the whole family and who knows it might not even rain this year.
  7. Scarper lads...it's the rozzers!!!! ;-)

8. Good to see another force supporting H4H. I can't see mine following theit example any time soon but it's heartening none the less.

edited to add.

Bumpety Bump! :D
  9. JINGO

I thank you both!
  10. Jingo, have this bump on me.

Not too late to get tickets. Weather forecast looks good. Even more to see and do than last year.
  11. I will be attending, and if you dont have your tickets you can get them on the day.

Great to see and all who can should support :)
  12. JINGO

Shameless pre event publicity bump.
  13. JINGO

A big thank you to all who turned up and gave so generously, it was a great day with possibly well over 10000 visitors. The donotions alone reached well over £11000 Once this is added to the ticket sales it should total over £25 000 and be well on our way to the £30 000 target.
    Hats off to all who gave freely of their time to work on the day and provide the entertainment. An even bigger well done for Michelle and the Dog Section for pulling it together.
  14. Cow

Cow LE

I got called out to a fault at Hindlip and saw the crowds and the Herc which was flying pretty low, excellent turnout it seemed, shame I had to work! Next year will be just the same I hope?!
  15. JINGO

I dont know about the Herc but the Spitfire parted a few peoples hair!
    Will keep you posted on next years event. :D