• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

west down camp, salisbury plain

Mate, we would'nt want to tell you lies but, you will get a shock. Its one of the most dire battlecamps on Salisbury plain. Unless of course things have changed since 1999.

Iscoed said:
BevisRory said:
There's a Naafi, and I believe an ATM in there too... I went in '07 - It's awful.
Such polite language - I've heard it described FAR worse than that :lol:
Ok...

It's a complete ****hole and doesn't deserve to be used by thd Regs... It's an awful facility - Poorly built roads, crap grass, poor access to ablutions & leaking Barracks...

Hell, Jersey Camp is better...

Did I mention its fcuking sh!t?

BevisRory said:
Iscoed said:
BevisRory said:
There's a Naafi, and I believe an ATM in there too... I went in '07 - It's awful.
Such polite language - I've heard it described FAR worse than that :lol:
Ok...

It's a complete ****hole and doesn't deserve to be used by thd Regs... It's an awful facility - Poorly built roads, crap grass, poor access to ablutions & leaking Barracks...

Hell, Jersey Camp is better...

Did I mention its fcuking sh!t?

So, what are you saying, 'doesnt deserve to be used by the regs'

One army concept?

Drumbox said:
Mate, we would'nt want to tell you lies but, you will get a shock. Its one of the most dire battlecamps on Salisbury plain.
I think that honour goes to either Rollestone or Knook. To be honest West Down isn't that bad.

The top camp at Knook is quite good, decent showers and accommodation.

The only thing that spoils it is doing a recce there when a STAB unit is in location.

The appalling beret shaping alone is enough to induce a stroke.

FiveAlpha said:
Drumbox said:
Mate, we would'nt want to tell you lies but, you will get a shock. Its one of the most dire battlecamps on Salisbury plain.
I think that honour goes to either Rollestone or Knook. To be honest West Down isn't that bad.
Rollestone Camp !! F*ck me cheers for that blast from the past !! 'orrible 'orrible 'orrible, my first memory of that hole is watching a big hairy Lance Jack dipping his balls into the mouth of a heavy snorer, as an 18 year old watching that through a self made peephole in a doss bag I did question my career choice........until I was caught red handed doing it at Penhale 2 years later ! :D

what a bunch of tarts...what the feck happened to field conditions....After 3 weeks in the shoite on the plain, westdown camp is a bloody palace. luxury

I spent 3 weeks or so there the other year on a TESEX. Didn't spend too much time in camp but I seem to recall a welsh NAAFI bint getting spitroasted. She was about 55 yr old too, Made it all the better somehow - seedier.

P

PrinceAlbert

FiveAlpha said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Been in worse places.
See my previous

FiveAlpha said:
I seem to recall a welsh NAAFI bint getting spitroasted. She was about 55 yr old too, Made it all the better somehow - seedier.
Damn, don't recall seeing her. Wish I had! You can't beat spitroasting a NAAFI grot with a weeks worth of exercise cheese round your helmet. Better than a shower anyday!

Latest Threads