ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

West Coast Trail - Vancouver Island

Discussion in 'Canada' started by postman_twit, Jan 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All received. If that hotel name comes to mind please let me know... ;-)

2. Did you try Air Bnb for accommodation?

3. There's 10 of us. I assume that might be one or two too many??

4. Not necessarily, they have huge houses available sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Thermal ones.......

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_1687.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Book early to stay in downtown Vancouver. I often travel there and have been caught out a few times. Last time I got the last (allegedly) room downtown for $500 a night !!. Victoria on the island is a good place for a night out too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do you save those up to impress people back home? It's currently +2C in Ottawa, and tomorrow it will be a high of +5C with rain. It's currently +7C in the early evening where I am (in southern Ontario), and most of the snow has melted leaving plenty of bare grass. Windsor's expecting thunderstorms tonight.

Don't forget to bring your snowshoes with you tomorrow when you turn the key in the sled dogs to start them up and pull out of the garage to mush your way across the ice flows to Kanata, or wherever it is that you hunt the mighty Arctic Cat-5 cable. It's only 6 more months of the eternal darkness of winter before you'll be paddling your birchbark canoe down your suburban street and humping bails of computer printouts over the gruelling portages past the roaring rapids of the vast and swift flowing 417 on your way to your local Hudson's Bay Company trading post whilst singing voyageur songs with les gars.

Here's Guns taking the bus to work:
    [​IMG]

Striding purposefully to the office from the bus stop:
    [​IMG]

Here he is in his office:
    [​IMG]

Tracking down a difficult problem with the network:
    [​IMG]

Here he is (standing centre) at a meeting with clients:
    [​IMG]

On his way home, he (just to the left of the stove) is picking up a few things for the wife at the local Bay store at the mall:
    [​IMG]

Here's some scenes of his daily life set to the latest popular music:

I hope I haven't blown too much of your persec Guns, but I thought that everyone back home should see how well you're doing off in the colonies.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Bah southern softies, seeing grass. Still many feet of snow here. Rain is a pain and hampering my snowshoeing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's not training if it's not raining. Aye by Eck you southern poofters