Wessex (V) + (RV)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Glad_its_all_over, Aug 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't help noticing the number of people around here who seem to have worn the Wyvern during their TA service - I know I did, for three years or so before embarking on my infamous 22 years of petty crime and good times.

I did 74-77 in the distinctly unchic 2 Bn - any other old, um, Wessexonians want to admit to same?
  2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

86-89 in 1 WESSEX (V); HQ Coy in Le Marchant Bks, Devizes.
  3. 1989 - (IIRC) early 91, 1 WESSEX (V) "A" Coy in Bristol before transferring to INT CORPS. Was lots of fun, my lover.

4. 2 Wessex; "C" Coy in Slough circa. '95- altho' soon after joining they were gone. "C" Coy re-badged as D Sqn Royal Yeomanry - in retrospect I should have opted for either RGBW at Reading or PWRR at Camberly/Farnham. Ah well we live & learn...

5. msr

msr LE

11 Pl, D Coy, Newbury 1989-1991.

6. MSR, were you on Annual Camp when the Bn. did SA80 conversion at Warminster for a week then down in Kent for the NITAT package for the second? That would have been Autumn 1990 IIRC.

7. 1 WSX MOR Pl, Andover, 87-95.

Cast your minds back to a TA inf BN with 4 Rifle Coys, all of the Support Pls, fully manned, with a real depth of knowledge at each rank, 4 FTXs a year, live firing every 2 months and a real UKMF role. (450 + atts on camp).

Now look at what we have had for the last 10 years, and ask when yourself when you last went into the field with anything near Coy strength.

Still I'm sure the latest changes (cuts) will improve things?!
  8. msr

msr LE

I think I did a course in lieu, as it clashed with school... I do recall two weeks live firing at Otterburn.