• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Were you in Kuwait?

Sadly the terrible reputation of journalists (that includes "researchers") will result in you getting no response unless you can provide more details on the focus of this programme.

I was in Bognor Regis for the summer of 1990..........boy what a time that was......
do you have a seperate hotmail address for Bognor or will the arab 1 suffice?

:?

BadManners said:
I was in Bognor Regis for the summer of 1990..........boy what a time that was......
do you have a seperate hotmail address for Bognor or will the arab 1 suffice?

:?
I slept under Bognor Pier once in 1982 when I missed the last train back, it was freezing and the local old bill offered us a cell for the night. We said no cause we had fell for that one from the Monkeys in the past.

Jolly Japes

Efargee20

In response to Hellfyyr... I understand the reticence. This is what I can say. It's a serious documentary for BBC2 in the UK and Discovery Channel in the US next year. I would be happy to explain more about the programme in any discussion - the hotmail address is to protect confidentiality during the research process. I can of course provide phone numbers if anyone wants to contact me by email first. I hope this helps. Thanks.

I was in Kuwait in 1990- please send airfare so I can fly to UK and visit Bognor

BlackHand

PS. No...one second, it wasn't Kuwait it was B&Q in Bognor

Hi De Hi Campers !!!

Ah, Butlins in Bognor......I remember being dragged to the disco and caberet on an evening, Mum sipping cherry brandy, Dad was on Bitter......me sneaking off to the amusements to have a sly fag with a few of the other kids that were having a "family" holiday.
Mam and Dad dancing.....omg how crap is that......do I dance like that now?
The chalets were always freezin, no hot water in the boilers but dad always made cooked breakfast for us while mum went to the launderette (prob to wash the sheets they had ruined during the hours(minutes?) noise during the night.....while they thought me and little Brov were asleep!
How could we sleep? It was bluddy freezin 8O

Got my fist sticky fingers at Bognor.... :lol:

and had my first B&H :oops: (my mum smoked Regals)

PS Reporter: Can I have my fees paid in crisp one pound notes? Leave the parcel under the bin near the macdonalds at the entrance to Kings Cross on tuesday morning (after 09:00 as my bus doesnt leave till 08:30)
Thank you please.

Well to answer the OP. No
As for Bognor. Never been there either.

Hope this helps. I mean you only have another 12,409 people to answer.

Chaps,

Researcher is obviously trying to be serious and treating him like a Lancaster over the Ruhr probably doesn't do our corporate reputation much good.

If Researcher PMs me with his details and a swift synopsis for the programme I will check with DGMC staff here to see if he is bona fide.

For those still serving, the usual caveats will apply; you will need to clear any dealings with Researcher (or any other journo) with your chain of command.

Chaps,

Researcher is obviously trying to be serious and treating him like a Lancaster over the Ruhr probably doesn't do our corporate reputation much good.

If Researcher PMs me with his details and a swift synopsis for the programme I will check with DGMC staff here to see if he is bona fide.

For those still serving, the usual caveats will apply; you will need to clear any dealings with Researcher (or any other journo) with your chain of command.

Researcher said:
I am very interested in finding REME soldiers and or their families who were in Kuwait in 1990, I am a researcher for a BBC documentary. If you can help please email: gulfwarproject@hotmail.co.uk
Many Thanks
Researcher,

Your question hides an awful lot more than it exposes. I assume that you are talking about those REME personnel and families who, in 1990, became the unintentional guests of a well-known, but recently retired, psychotic dictator (OPSEC, you understand?).

I have a feeling that you might not be particularly welcome; those scars run very deep.

Litotes

Have you considered asking on Firarrse (The Former Iraqi Regime Army Rumour Service). I do believe they had a few lads in Kuwait around the early nineties – for a while at least. They may be able to help you. Most can be found selling ice creams and hot dogs in southern English holiday spots now.

Latest Threads