Were not allowed to deport terrorism suspect.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It is being reported that the UK is not allowed to deport terrorism suspects to Pakistan because the Pakistanis may be unkind to them. One suspect who is already in Pakistan must be allowed to return.

Linky.

2. If we are keeping them here it is for a reason regardless of what the Press are putting out. That's just my tuppence though.

3. Deport him to France or Italy. They are safe countries that have no problem at all deporting people they don't like (despite being signed up to the same European Human Rights Conventions that we are).

With any luck he won't even get out of the transit lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport.

4. Disgraceful !

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I agree. Not convicted of any charge or put on trial but branded a terrorist by an immigration court on the basis of secret evidence that the accused isn't allowed to see, in flagrant violation of centuries of legal process.

A disgrace indeed.

7. See, let the Tories in and it all falls to bits :D

8. So this is a man who has been branded a terrorist not on any evidence that has ever seen the inside of a courtroom but by something called the Special Immigration and Appeals Committee.

Sorry, what are we defending again?

9. What I posted in the other thread on this,
    To you Tory voters who hoped for Nirvanah,

Quote.
    This is despite a Tory election promise that the Human Rights Act would be abolished.

The Home Secretary, Theresa May, said she would not be appealing against the ruling, handed down by the Special Immigration Appeals Commission.

10. Give her a chance, she hasn't had time to sit down yet.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

...and nobody was interested on the other thread either.......

12. Perhaps if she appealed she'd have to produce proof she either doesn't want to or hasn't got. Parliament hasn't even started sitting yet so the Tories can hardly repeal the Act now can they?

13. Still, you know they won't the HRA is a good thing , despite newspapers telling us otherwise.

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Its a good thing in principle, but not in its current form.

15. There are parts that need attention IMO. I'd like my right to live in safety and security upheld, personally.