We're getting hammered

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jun 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. University Challenge

Army v Journalists on now , we're getting stuffed by the Red Tops 8O

Hey-ho , back to the footie

Addendum

Army got beat by the Grauniad

Hee-hee Ho ho ca tres drole Paxo :oops:

2. Lets have a real fight on here with them and see who wins :twisted: :wink:

3. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

I'd love to know who chose the team... even with so many away projecting the Dear Leader's ego across the globe I am sure that they could have found four people with different specialties including perhaps a doc to answer the expected science questions... proper preparation prevents p1ss poor performance etc. And to be beaten by the Grauniad of all things - the shame! :?

4. This will be University Challenge: the Professionals?

Since when, other than in their own minds were journalists professionals?

Take heart, PTP. Not only were the journos there under false pretences, the BBC's question researchers would have landed their jobs through the Guardian. I detect a BBC bias.

People who get their jobs through the Guardian are already in 'Bernoulli's' mass grave! :wink:

Fix!

5. Paxo,

I know you are out there giggling at our humiliation at the hands of The Guardian

Was it your idea? 8O

I mean FFS fancy not knowing Peer Gynt and The Nutcracker?

Are we raising a far less literary/literate breed of Y and not-so YO's then?

Should have had an Education WO2 up there , and binned the Girlie Monkey.

6. I suspect it was part of some hideous KAPE thing. Well, it succeeded. The great mass of unwashed out there now have a very thick Army in their minds' eye :D

7. Make the dirty scum fight for real.........

Journos

Pah :twisted:

Oskar is first up. Ding ding!!!

8. Why does the Army send people out for a quiz show in a nice warm studio wearing cammoflage uniforms? At least the journos had bothered to dress properly.

Bit of a shock for Simon Hoggart to be asked questions not the other way around and nobody to write his script for him.