Were DOOMED!! LHC going online soon...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by In-Limbo, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great news everyone, we're almost ready to run the risk of destroying everything, everywhere!! Huzzah :D

That "fcuk of big magnet" which they've spent billions on over the past 14 years, which will produce as much energy as was present in 1 trillionth of a second after the BIG BANG will be fired up proper in the next 9 days.

So why all the worry?? Some leading scientists have taken a fresh look and say that the risks of doing something rather nasty and irreversible are almost zero, not zero, but almost... 8O

So time yet to open a book, odds on:

- Stable neutral hawking radiation free black hole grows and eats planet
    - Chain of "stranglets" turn the Earth into a twisted lump of strange matter
    - 17 mile chunk of France-Switerland launched into space, Earths trajectory altered
    - MK II Universe created
    - Alien Battlecruisers arrive through worm hole and deliver orbital bombardment
    - Fuse blows, ring cracks & billions of £'s fizzle out of existence overnight
    - Boffins say fcuk it, crank it up to 11 and plug in a Guitar

Well we will soon know one way or the other in 9 days time as the worlds largest and most expensive experiment ever goes online.

Attached Files:

2. I put £10 on this...

- Alien Battlecruisers arrive through worm hole and deliver orbital bombardment
  3. Will it interfere with my telly?

Its just that that 'How Clean is your House' is on Wednesdays.
  4. it will be great for science. yes, there are some nutcases trying to make a name for themselves with horror stories, but the same stories were told about previous colliders.
  5. Are they not more likely to slip straight off to the benefits office to claim asylum :wink:

Hummm i will have a pound on 'Boffins say fcuk it, crank it up to 11 and plug in a Guitar' but you have to post the odds first :wink:
  6. My money's on "Yanks produce badly-photoshopped 'evidence' that they've got a bigger one in the desert somewhere, but it's a secret and anyway they thought of it first". Then have strop when no-one believes them.
  7. actually, the US patent office recently found the original applications for a thing call 'the wheel' and 'Fire'. they is clever them yanks.
  8. Fantastic.What is the point of this?
    Do 99.9% percent of the populous care about what may have happened just after the Big Bang?
    How many better ways could this money have been spent?
  9. when the electron was discovered, people were not looking for ways to make computers! pure research leads to new technologies. It's well worth it as there are many questions in physics which cannot be answered by anything other than an LHC type machine.
  10. Is that the same place that Dan Brown wrote about in Angels and Demons? If so, someone will get murdered, the Pope will be involved, something about improbable parachutes...
  11. Its already happened. The LHC going online that is. It happened on the 10th Sept 2008. The results were that it created a time rift in the spacetime continuum.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Indeedy it did - remember what it was like back then? People used to fly their personal transporters along solidified dirt and oil to get from a to b.

Had it not been for the subsequent rift, we would not have travelled through that very first wormhole and got to where we are today.

Imagine if the luddites of the time had actually stopped the machine being turned on!?!?! We'd still be stuck on that poisoned wasteland that is our homeworld! 8O
  13. Heh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaD9v460yI
  14. I have no idea what you are on about, Biped.

I'm posting from a small undercroft in the 18th century.