We're all doomed .... or maybe not

L

lumpy2

Well the bird flu pandemic never came to pass, we've yet to disappear into a black hole created by the Large Hadron Collider, and as for the invasion of the giant spiders, I've seen a grand total of one all Autumn.

What other recent doom-laden predictions have fizzled out like a damp squib?

The COs selling ARRSE to the highest bidder having arranged a night or two of long knives.

When I read three days left to save the world, I was going to ring my brother up and tell him to save his money because we were going to the van auctions tomorrow to buy a new van.

With just three days left, I could see a prolonged spell in the pub beckoning.

It's actually five years if you read the link so the trip to buy the van is still on!

Meteorshowerbackfirespyplanesglobalwarmingmotherfuckingtsunamizombiedolphins

What other recent doom-laden predictions have fizzled out like a damp squib?

Remember all manner of threats on ARRSE including the fabled "tapping of boards"? They all seem to have been made up bollocks.

In the real world, Aids, mad cows disease, the destruction of the rain forests, the chemical weapons in Iraq possession to name but a few.

Acid rain
Mayan Calendar
Heaven's Gate (at least they all killed themselves)
Ice Age by 2000 (1970s prediction)
Desertification of Earth by 2000 (1990s prediction)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If you really want to know, just call for Emperor Mong - just be prepared for the consequencies!

ACAB

LE
Global Warming / freezing / cooling / Climate change whatever the label is nowadays. Who remembers the Idiot Gordon Brown and 'Fifty Days to Save the World', the asshole.

Sea levels rising lots and making my place a very expensive beach front property - conning bastards!

I currently live on a mountain!

Global Warming / freezing / cooling / Climate change whatever the label is nowadays. Who remembers the Idiot Gordon Brown and 'Fifty Days to Save the World', the asshole.
A handy chart for you in the ongoing climate Doomsday scenarios, just in order to keep things straight.
10805087_10205571798279294_2038455926_n.jpg

So!! No great white sharks off the south coast of the UK, no man eating whales, and no penguin shagging seals.... well not yet, and the sky could still fall in. That sense of impending doom could still be there, and the fear of being found out that one is fraud whilst in the Forces, or being turned by the FSB into a double agent in a honey trap.

..or being found out that you worked in a foster home way back in the 1960s, or were a mate of James Saddle or that big fat Liberal MP Cyril Smiffy.....!!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Everybody forgotten the chaos cloud? It only has 28 days left to do its stuff.

Latest Threads